Against my better judgment, I booked this hotel. I wasn't expecting much, just a ride from the airport & a clean bed for a quick, one-night in & out business visit. I called in advance to ask about the airport shuttle schedule. I was advised that they pass by every 30 minutes at the airport, so I didn't need to schedule with them. After I arrived at DFW, I did my time by the curb for 30 minutes before calling the hotel. They asked what gate I was at, and then advised that guests must schedule pickup - they do not make routine rounds. Completely contradictory to what I was told in advance. Forever and a year later (I was curbside at DFW by 2:30 PM, I didn't arrive to the hotel until 5:00 PM, and they are eight minutes away by car), the shuttle picked me up. The passengers in the back were obviously upset as well, and indicated they had been waiting for well over an hour. The driver communicated with the hotel via hand-held cell phone from the airport to the hotel. I would assume that hands-free communication would be standard for someone whose job is driving, but no. It's not. I arrived, and there was no apology. Just, "I understand, I hear what you're saying, etc." I was told that they were running two shuttles at full capacity, and with the volume of guests, it just took longer. When I got to my room, the wifi didn't work. I called the front desk, and was told that they would re-set the router and for me to try again in 15 minutes. I tried again in 15 minutes, still no luck, so I called again. The front desk personnel gave me the number to their ISP provider for tech support. Seriously?!?! I'm supposed to work with THEIR vendor to rectify service issues?! I was a trooper, and called their tech support folks. They did what they do, and asked me to try again in 15 minutes. I tried again, and no luck. This was a business trip. I needed consistent wifi for VPN connection, and couldn't get it. At this point, I decided I needed to check out and started making calls to the Hilton. Then comes a knock at the door. Before I could get to the door, a man in street clothes (not a Holiday Inn Employee, but a subcontractor) barges in holding a large screen TV, proudly announcing that I was getting a big TV installed on the wall right now. When I told him I didn't want a TV installed right now, he admonished me for not putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Seriously?!? The hotel doesn't collaborate with the subcontractors to let them know what rooms are occupied? What if I had gone out for dinner? I wouldn't have put the DND sign up, and I would certainly expect that 3rd party contractors weren't in my room while I was gone. Finally, I'm wrapping up alternative reservations with Hilton, I've packed up my belongings, and I'm about to exit the room. In enters sub-contractor #2 carrying a TV as I'm exiting the door to the room, this time WITH the DND sign on the door! The only thing I can say about this hotel that's nice is that it looked fairly clean, and they gave me a free shuttle ride over to the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated November 2014. Located just 3 miles from DFW International Airport, the Holiday Inn Express Grapevine, we are the business traveler's office away from the office. Our 100% smoke free hotel, and complimentary breakfast make the Holiday Inn Express Grapevine the place to stay for business. Our complimentary wired/wireless HSIA, located throughout the hotel, allows you to finish last minute presentations and conduct your meeting in confidence. If you left your laptop behind, our business center is ready to serve you 24 hours a day. Whether conducting interviews or hosting a conference for 40 people, Holiday Inn Express Grapevine is ready to accommodate your meeting needs. We can also set up catering options for your luncheon or business dinner. After a long day, relax in our outdoor Jacuzzi, work out in the completely renovated fitness center or kick back with friends at one of 7 restaurants within walking distance. There's no need to rent a car with our complimentary shuttle service, anywhere within five-miles, including DFW International Airport, Gaylord Texan Resort and Grapevine Mills Mall, to name a few. Shuttle service is limited on holidays. Our hotel is one mile from the small town charm of Historic Grapevine and minutes from the nightlife of both Ft. Worth and Dallas. Visit Grapevine and with the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. FEMA #TX1507 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Dfw - Grapevine
- Holiday Inn Grapevine
- Holiday Inn Express Grapevine
- Grapevine Holiday Inn