“Course is great ... Management needs serious work”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grapevine Municipal Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole public course has a championship layout of 6,953 yards at par 72.
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I have played this course many times, and while I genuinely enjoy the course and its atmosphere, I believe the staff and management need a major overhaul.

I have never been to this course that it was not seriously understaffed or the staff that was there were not constantly pushing and pressuring to do everything FASTER .. play faster, pick up your cart faster, switch courses faster, make your beverage purchases faster. We usually play in a group of four, teaming 2 to a team and play best ball, averaging 1 over on each hole.

You have 5 minutes between the front 9 and the back 9 and that is strictly monitored and adhered to. We do not daudle or linger, yet have been constantly pushed through our entire play. It typically takes us 4.5 hrs for four to play 18 holes. The staff ruins what is supposed to be a fun and relaxing experience. I've made tee times for 3 parites of 2 and upon check in been told that 1 person cannot play .. they can only let 5 go ... how much sense can that make? I've shown up on a Sunday with a set tee time to find a line at the pro shop 10 people deep, the phone ringing off the hook, and only ONE person working, and that ONE places the priority on the phone rather than the people standing there.

A great course ... but managed very badly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Flower Mound, TX
Reviewed May 20, 2003

a close-by course that has a lot going for it. 27 hotes. Fairways are mostly open but rough is a bear. Lots of creek and water holes. Many changes in elevation. The course is well kept, if not perfectly maintained, and they have just undergone a complete renovation of the "Pecan" nine, making it, they say, a bear. This is a very, very good low-price golf option. A lot of bang for your bucks. Bring at least three extra balls, or did I already mention the rough?

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member