“Set realistic expectations”

and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas
Ranked #2 of 9 Fun & Games in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: Inside the LEGOLAND(R) Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth, you'll enjoy a chariot laser ride on Kingdom Quest, construct intricate buildings and vehicles, see the DFW area in astonishing miniature detail in LEGO(R) MINILAND(R), experience an extra dimension of entertainment in our LEGO Studios 4D cinema and, most of all, discover the power of your own imagination! Whatever the occasion, from children's birthday party to educational activities to rainy day fun with the family, you'll spend hours together at our kids' attractions enjoying and exploring inside the largest indoor LEGO playground!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is an indoor playground, not amusement park, it has about 4 rides, 2 play structures one for toddlers and one for big kids. There is a 4D movie included as well as piles of legos to free play and build. There is a small cafe with snacks. It is inside the mall and across from an aquarium you can buy combo tickets and make a day out of it. But if your kid moves fast you should be in and out of this place in 2 hours. A few steps outside is the food court and some more rides, a carousel and a bungee jumper. My kids favorite was the kingdom quest ride and the bumper cars...i personally loved the mini town a lego sized dallas ! genius!

MktgCoordinator, MktgCoordinator at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enojyed your visit with us here at LEGOLAND Discovery Center. We would love to be as big as our Florida or California amusement parks.

We are glad you enjoyed MINILAND and looking at the DFW Metroplex completely made out of LEGO® brick. Hopefully, you had the chance to check out our new STAR WARS model display as well. If not don't worry we will have it until the end of the year!

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family back for a awesome day!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I personally got tired of the place quickly, but my kids (8 and 10) would stay there all day every day. There is a huge play area for the kids, 3 different 3D movies, and a couple of rides. The play area is the winner though.

I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the mini-land of the DFW area. I spent a lot of time looking around there and the new Star Wars mini-land is a great addition. Again, an hour to do that and I was done.

Why the adult price is so much more than the kids I do not understand. Adults should be much cheaper, especially since you have to have a kid to get in. I spent some good money to sit at a table and watch my kids run around.

1  Thank chill15

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that your children enjoyed their visit here at LEGOLAND Discovery Center! Yes, our LEGO® City play area is a hot spot in the attraction. We are also happy you enjoyed MINILAND.

I will be sure to pass along your suggestions on our adult pricing. If your boys are Legends of Chima fans we are hosting our Legends of Chima weekend June 29th and 30th! Be sure to check it out!

We hope to see you soon for another BRICK'tastic adventure!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My three grand daughters loved being there. Lot to do. The five year old really was too young to drive the cars. She enjoyed everything else. They did not want to leave.

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback! We are so glad that all three of your granddaughters enjoyed their visit! We hope that you had just as much fun watching the movies, building and riding some of the rides with them as well!

Again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again soon for another BRICK'tastic visit!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My kids (6,7) loved this place! we played for hours! The 4D movie was really cool, something you see at Disney World. The price is HIGH, but I booked online and got a little discount! We would prob not go back, just because of the price and there are a ton of family things to do in that area.

MktgCoordinator, MktgCoordinator at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hi and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear your children had a great time and everyone enojyed their visit with us!

Be sure to check out our Special offers page on our website! We sometimes have an even bigger deal on our tickets for you!

We hope you come back to visit soon! If you have Legends of Chima fans in your family, on June 29th and 30th we are hosting our Legends of Chima weekend! We will have lots of fun activities for the whole family to enjoy!

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you come back for another BRICK'tastic day!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The cost of this attraction was $49 for me and my two children. (It would have been $10 cheaper with online, advanced tickets.) The attraction is geared toward kids under the age of 10. Do not bother taking a child age ten or older. There are three rides – a train-like ride in which you shoot targets ( somewhat like in an old fashioned shooting gallery); lego cars that the kids can drive around a circular track (they control speed somewhat and steer); and a ride that goes up and down in a circle as you pedal it. You can ride these rides as often as you like and are willing to wait for them. (One reviewer said you can ride the entry ride only once, but all you have to do is go past the exit to the shop and get back in line to ride again; we rode it twice.) There is also a large indoor playground (bring socks!) and a 4D theater. Movies are about 15 minutes, and you get sprayed by water a bit. The movie was a big hit with my kids and all of the kids in the theatre. Three movies were advertised when we went. Every time we happened to pass the theatre, the same movie was showing, but I think if you stayed all day, you might be able to watch all three.
When we went ,there was a Star Wars lego display with one simple video game and some buttons you push to hear lines from the movie throughout the display. There are several tables throughout Lego Land where you can build with legos, and ramps for sending down lego cars.
My kids spent two hours total and had done everything at least once and were ready to go. So was I, because I was bored out of my skull, but that's to be expected at children's attractions.

When we arrived at 10:30 on a summer Friday, the line to the entrance and to purchase tickets was extremely long, so we decided not to get in line. We walked around the mall, did some window shopping, rode the carousel, and had lunch. When we came back at 12:30 nobody was in line. We whizzed right in and didn't wait for more than 10 minutes for anything. We did not partake of the overpriced café, so I have no comment on that, but this place sorely needs an "adult lounge" like Going Bonkers in Lewisville has for parents of largely self-sufficient kids (the 6-9 set).

My kids did definitely enjoy themselves. Legoland was worth the price of children's admission for them. It was the extra adult admission that made it a bad bargain, I think. Adults should enter at a discounted rate of $5 (the way Going Bonkers charges $1 for adults), as the attraction is clearly not for them, and they cannot enter without a child anyway (except on adult only nights).
Other than the three rides, the 4D theater, and the playground, this is basically the Lego Store at Downtown Disney, except that you don't pay to go into the Lego Store at Downtown Disney, and they actually have a lot more Legos and a much wider variety at the store in Downtown Disney.

4  Thank Motherontheroad

Hi and thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad your two children had a blast in the attraction playing with all of our LEGO bricks and riding all of our rides. We do have three movies that play throughout the day at our 4D Theater. They rotate the three of them through the day.

We are glad you got in right away and didn't have to wait to get into the Factory Tour!

I will be sure to pass on your suggestions to our team!

Again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you and your family again here at LEGOLAND Discovery Center!