“Legoland, great but not for the mature 10yr. old.”

Legoland Discovery Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$19.98*
and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Dallas
Ranked #2 of 8 Fun & Games in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: Inside the LEGOLAND(R) Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth, you'll enjoy a chariot laser ride on Kingdom Quest, construct intricate buildings and vehicles, see the DFW area in astonishing miniature detail in LEGO(R) MINILAND(R), experience an extra dimension of entertainment in our LEGO Studios 4D cinema and, most of all, discover the power of your own imagination! Whatever the occasion, from children's birthday party to educational activities to rainy day fun with the family, you'll spend hours together at our kids' attractions enjoying and exploring inside the largest indoor LEGO playground!
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Legoland, great but not for the mature 10yr. old.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First, we took kids ages 4-10. Our oldest ds was 10 and a Lego Fanatic and LOVED it, would go back in a minute. He didn't really do the rides except the shooting one but the younger ones could have stayed ALL day as well as the 10 yr. old boy. HERES THE DEAL, if you have a mature girl that is 10 she will be board, I took our neighbors little girl and playmate of my 10 yr. old son, but she was board, as she didn't want to play in the slides and balls nor was she a Lego girl. For the cost your wasting your money just chancing a good time on the mature 9 & 10 yr. olds. They prefer the mall, LOL.
******We stayed all day, got the pizza drink deal and it was worth every penny so buy ahead with your tickets. The pizza was good for this kind of place so worth the monies, the kids will be playing hard and needing a drink******** BUY TICKETS ONLINE, GET THERE EARLY LESS WAIT! There are bunches of photo ops! Enjoy fun with the kids. The younger kids will be in lego heaven. Prime age 4-7!

Visited March 2013
MktgCoordinator, Mktg Coordinator at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hi, thank you for your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed LEGOLAND Discovery Center on your visit! You mention that your son is a LEGO fanatic, he might enjoy Star Wars MINILAND model display opening June 8th to the public!

Again, thank you for such a positive response and we hope to see you and family out again for another BRICK'tastic day!

Benton, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun for our 4 year old.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife didn't live it but myself and our four year old son had a blast. Awesome lego exhibits for young children.

Visited May 2013
MktgCoordinator, Marketing Coordinator at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello and thank you for your response!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit!
We have some new events and exhibits coming up so make sure to visit out website for dates and times!

Thank you!
The Woodlands, Texas
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Was it worth 70$??”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My 7 year old was very excited to visit the discovery center. He is a big lego fan and had a good time. But as a parent when you are paying almost 40$ just for parents and than 30$ for 2 kids and you enter the area and its like " Isss thattttt ALLLLL???"
I admit its well maintained and fun for kids ....ride was working and lines were not terrible but I would still say it should be at least 5$ cheaper for each person than it is.
Its a small area. Someone told me about the forest ranger car ride and we went looking.... I would not have found it other wise. The 4D film was good!
I have one complaint! The Doctor (whoever) introduces the kids to lego-land and shows the factory and all.... looked very fed up/tired/over-it. He was very serious and didn't show enthusiasm or excitement on showing/explaining the factory workings, very robotic & emotionless. That was kind of disappointing

Visited April 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback!

I am very sorry to hear Professor Brick-a-Brack was not enthusiastic for your Factory Tour. We work very hard to ensure our employees are giving our customers the best experience possible. I will make sure your feedback is heard.
I would also like to let you know in regard to your dissapointment about the ticket prices that we do offer discounted tickets online, as well as distribute coupons throughout the metroplex. Jason's Deli will be our promotional partner for June so you will be able to receive coupons there.

Please visit again so we can ensure your visit is better than the previous!
Dallas, TX
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Nice. Not Thrilling But Nice.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I guess you could say that it's fun for all ages as I do like to ride the Kingdom Quest (the shooting game (lasers)) with my boys and I like the 4D movie. We have season passes and have been three times and while it's old news for me, my boys still enjoy it every time. For the most part they just play with the Legos at the race track and also the giant Legos in the Play Zone. After three visits, even they're bored with some of the attractions. The staff is polite and they do have someone by the exit to make sure that children do not wander away.

Visited May 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback!

I am glad to hear you are annual pass holders! We are working very hard to make this program even better for our customers. We have a new Star Wars® MINILAND Model Display area opening up on June 7. Annual Pass holders are able to visit from 5-7pm on Friday, June 7 before any other guests see the attraction on June 8. We would love for you to visit and see what you think!

Thank you again for your response!
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good for Young Children”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

While it wasn't quite what I expected, our kids (9,6, and 3) enjoyed it. Because of height restrictions, our 3 year old couldn't participate in about half the attractions. That seemed a little unfair since he didn't get a reduced entry price.

Overall, if kids like legos, they'll probably enjoy the experience. Just don't expect a theme park.

Visited April 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback!

We are a LEGOLAND Discovery Center, sometimes confused with LEGOLAND theme parks. We do our best to prompt customers on our heigh and age restrictions with signage at admissions. These restrictions are also available online. We are vey happy to hear that the children liked it, as that is what we strive for!

Thank you again for your response!