“The food is flavorful, but not worth the wait”

Ferraris Italian Villa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferraris Italian Villa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 245 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 114
Transit: The city of Grapevine offers a Grapevine Shuttle, making 2 stops hourly in front of Ferrari's Italian Villa.
Description: One of Dallas’ most revered Italian restaurants for more than 25 years. Francesco & Jane Secchi, who hail from Italy and England respectively, serve Northern & Southern Italian cuisine with emphasis on fresh seafood, steaks and pasta from Francesco's native Sardegna. The adjoining wine bar serves flights of wines and martinis with a more casual menu consisting of hand- tossed pizzas baked in a mesquite wood-fired oven. Stop in today for a taste of Italy!
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was our first visit to Ferrari’s. We love to go out for Italian food and I had wanted to try Ferrari’s for a while. Since it was date night, we usually like a nice dinner where we can talk so the reviews I read about slow service did not worry me that much. Yes, it was slow, but also very inattentive.
We were at the table for ten minutes before we were approached by the waiter when he removed the extra table settings and asked us for our beverage orders. Usually, a waiter will swing by and say “I will be with you shortly” or “welcome to…” or ask if this was your first visit or if you have any questions about the menu. Nope, not here. Another five or so minutes go by and we finally get our waters, but not the wine.
Finally, they took our order. The demeanor of the waiter after we ordered our main dishes and a side, was like…this is it? It was late and well and Italian food is heavy. We ordered the Lobster Risotto and the fettuccini dish. We also ordered a side of Mushroom with sausage. We were expecting whole mushrooms and not more pasta; well it is actually pasta with a sausage mushroom ragu.
The food took forever to come out, but just before it did we received a pizza like bread and marina sauce. At first we thought it was a mistake because there is no mention of this on the menu. Then we realized that several of the tables around us just received the same thing. The main dish portions are generous and flavorful but very salty. I drank both my and my husband’s glasses of water on top of the one glass of wine I had.
When our dishes were cleared, we were asked about dessert. The waiter never came back to fill up the water and tea glasses until he handed us the check.
This is not the type of service I expect from this level of a restaurant. We will not be back.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We tried eating here on Valentine's Day - they were fully booked (they were less than half full but ok). We sat down to order drinks and bread and then try to order dinner - what a disaster. They were SOO busy they wouldn't take any substitutions (but you could take things off, ok?). After trying to find ANYTHING we might like we finally gave up and ended up with just pasta and sauce (subbing red for cream on the dish I wanted was no dice - so much for being healthy). At this point we're just completely floored when the couple behind us orders a pizza that isn't even on the menu and gets 1/2 and 1/2 on the sauce?? When we bring this up the manager on the way out she says, quote, "Well, you can't please everyone." Clearly not... Really, really, really don't waste your time with a place that cares so little about their customers.

1  Thank T M
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went here on New Years Eve. The place was packed. I don't think that they are used to a packed house. The place was packed. What should have been a 60 minute dinner turned into a 140 minute dinner!

The food was excellent though. I had the Australian rack of lamb and I also had a side of gnocchi. Both were delicious.

Don't go there for a holiday!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ferrari's is a fairly pleasant venue for an evening of generous Italian cooking. It will not wow you but it will satisfy you. Observations from our evening:

We opted for the antipasto platter. We made our six selections. It was fresh, flavourful & very generous. Our waiter asked if we wished a main course. We likely should had stopped after the app but we carried on.

Our mains consisted of lobster risotto & squash ravioli. Both were well presented, bursting with freshness & again generous. We found the quality of the mains very satisfying.

Wine was modestly priced and the selection vast.

Service throughout was attentive and polite.

Really no complaints, but don't expect the restaurant to push any culinary boundaries. We were at a convention and just about everyone made it to Ferrari's during their stay. All gave it positive reviews. Satisfy a client, satisfy a date at Ferrari's.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice in the past year, and both times have had the same experience. While very friendly, the service was slow and inattentive. The food, atmosphere and value was excellent, so therefore I would recommend the restaurant regardless.