“Great food, slow service...”

Ferraris Italian Villa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferraris Italian Villa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 114
Transit: The city of Grapevine offers a Grapevine Shuttle, making 2 stops hourly in front of Ferrari's Italian Villa.
Description: One of Dallas’ most revered Italian restaurants for more than 25 years. Francesco & Jane Secchi, who hail from Italy and England respectively, serve Northern & Southern Italian cuisine with emphasis on fresh seafood, steaks and pasta from Francesco's native Sardegna. The adjoining wine bar serves flights of wines and martinis with a more casual menu consisting of hand- tossed pizzas baked in a mesquite wood-fired oven. Stop in today for a taste of Italy!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went here on New Years Eve. The place was packed. I don't think that they are used to a packed house. The place was packed. What should have been a 60 minute dinner turned into a 140 minute dinner!

The food was excellent though. I had the Australian rack of lamb and I also had a side of gnocchi. Both were delicious.

Don't go there for a holiday!

There are newer reviews for Ferraris Italian Villa

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ferrari's is a fairly pleasant venue for an evening of generous Italian cooking. It will not wow you but it will satisfy you. Observations from our evening:

We opted for the antipasto platter. We made our six selections. It was fresh, flavourful & very generous. Our waiter asked if we wished a main course. We likely should had stopped after the app but we carried on.

Our mains consisted of lobster risotto & squash ravioli. Both were well presented, bursting with freshness & again generous. We found the quality of the mains very satisfying.

Wine was modestly priced and the selection vast.

Service throughout was attentive and polite.

Really no complaints, but don't expect the restaurant to push any culinary boundaries. We were at a convention and just about everyone made it to Ferrari's during their stay. All gave it positive reviews. Satisfy a client, satisfy a date at Ferrari's.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice in the past year, and both times have had the same experience. While very friendly, the service was slow and inattentive. The food, atmosphere and value was excellent, so therefore I would recommend the restaurant regardless.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We came here twice. The first one, my friends took me here for my birthday. We like the restaurant (nice upscale atmosphere), and while the price is a little on the high-side, we thought the food was OK (not bad, not excellent). The pasta was slightly overcooked. So I thought I will give them another try since it is really close to my house.

This time, the two of us came here for dinner. But our experience went from OK to bad, really bad. While our opinion on their food stays the same (trust me, you can find much better Italian food around this area with less price), the customer service was awful. To make the story short, the attitude of the waiter was not great and while we made the complaint (nicely) to the manager, oh boy, he was even worse and was really rude to us. This has been over a year ago and we haven't gone back to this place since then (and we won't). I hope he no longer works there because bad customer service is a bad business and won't make people come back to your restaurant.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Made reservations for restaurant week and to celebrate our son's birthday.
Arrived on time and they had lost our reservation. Saturday night and place was full.
Waited in the bar for 50 min. When seated service was slow all night.
Food is good and atmosphere of restaurant is very nice.
For an Italian restaurant food and wine pricing was expensive.
The owner did provide one free bottle of wine for their mistake.
That was nice.
They have a policy of not serving table bread until you place your order.
I found this a little strange since we wanted to sip our wine and talk a little before
ordering.. Apparently they haven't been to Italy.