“Good food but avg service”

Ferraris Italian Villa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferraris Italian Villa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 247 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 114
Transit: The city of Grapevine offers a Grapevine Shuttle, making 2 stops hourly in front of Ferrari's Italian Villa.
Description: One of Dallas’ most revered Italian restaurants for more than 25 years. Francesco & Jane Secchi, who hail from Italy and England respectively, serve Northern & Southern Italian cuisine with emphasis on fresh seafood, steaks and pasta from Francesco's native Sardegna. The adjoining wine bar serves flights of wines and martinis with a more casual menu consisting of hand- tossed pizzas baked in a mesquite wood-fired oven. Stop in today for a taste of Italy!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Made reservations for restaurant week and to celebrate our son's birthday.
Arrived on time and they had lost our reservation. Saturday night and place was full.
Waited in the bar for 50 min. When seated service was slow all night.
Food is good and atmosphere of restaurant is very nice.
For an Italian restaurant food and wine pricing was expensive.
The owner did provide one free bottle of wine for their mistake.
That was nice.
They have a policy of not serving table bread until you place your order.
I found this a little strange since we wanted to sip our wine and talk a little before
ordering.. Apparently they haven't been to Italy.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arrived and was quite empty so was a bit concerned! However, I couldn't have been more pleased so people are missing out. Food was plentiful and delicious. Manager and staff were very efficient, helpful and pleasant. I would recommend for a nice dinner. Only downside was it was a bit dark inside.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We are staying at the Gaylord Texan and just wanted to find a restaurant nearby. We stumbled on this AWESOME restaurant - so good it may have become the highlight of our entire vacation!

We arrived at 5:30/5:45 with our children and without a reservation and they were very kind to seat us in the casual dining side (there is a "fine dining" side of the restaurant that we wandered through later - it had wonderful ambience - I would love to sit there at another time when we had more time and fewer children :). The waitress was delightful and helpful.

EVERYTHING was scrumptious: the complimentary bread with marinara, the caprese salad, the kids' half orders of spaghetti with meatballs (which I was happy to help polish off for them), my husband's filet quattro formaggio and my medaglione di filet (which was prepared table side by the most delightful older gentleman who I have to assume was the owner) - scrumptious! As my husband said about my filet, "It's so tender it melts in your mouth like cotton candy!"

Oh, and I forgot about dessert. Chocolate and hazelnut mousse, and tiramisu. So. So. Good.

And the darling owner (same brilliant chef who prepared my filet) came over to make sure we were enjoying our meal and told us (after we gushed and gushed), "If you are happy, we are even happier."

The saddest part is that it's over. This is my new favorite restaurant and it's 325 miles from my house.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick meal.
Not overly hungry and trying not to over eat I ordered a salad and appetizer. The waiter turned icy and nonexistent .
Never checked on our meal. Then brought our check right away.
Sad service.

1  Thank mmsc40
Reviewed August 15, 2013

10 of us had dinner here last night. The freshness, quality and quantity are out of this world.
The seabass and 30 day old dry aged ribeye were the best I have ever had.
All 10 were very pleased with our meals and would definitely return.
Matt, our server did an excellent job, his attentiveness to our needs was just right.
Not an inexpensive meal but it was well worth the $1000! That included two $90 bottles of wine and 6 appetizers.