“Fantastic italian cuisine”

Ferraris Italian Villa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ferraris Italian Villa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 247 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 114
Transit: The city of Grapevine offers a Grapevine Shuttle, making 2 stops hourly in front of Ferrari's Italian Villa.
Description: One of Dallas’ most revered Italian restaurants for more than 25 years. Francesco & Jane Secchi, who hail from Italy and England respectively, serve Northern & Southern Italian cuisine with emphasis on fresh seafood, steaks and pasta from Francesco's native Sardegna. The adjoining wine bar serves flights of wines and martinis with a more casual menu consisting of hand- tossed pizzas baked in a mesquite wood-fired oven. Stop in today for a taste of Italy!
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Extremely friendly staff. Amazing authentic italian cuisine. The best fettucine alfredo I've had outside of Italy!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I was warmly greeted at the front door, I knew Ferrari's was going to be a great place for dinner. The wait staff was friendly and attentive in addition to knowing the menu inside and out. Great wine list. The food was beautifully presented and tasted even better. I like the antipasto bar which gives diners the option for a healthy appetizer.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have a particular love for the Italian/San Franciscan fish/seafood soup cioppino, but in the DFW area, there are not a lot of places to get it (my office is in the Mid-Cities, but I live elsewhere in Texas).

I was pleased to find Ferrari's in Grapevine, which had Cioppino as a menu staple. It was a bit pricey, but I thought, I'm really "inthe mood," so I went. I was very surprised to find a fine Italian Steakhouse with seafood and traditional pasta dishes, that I had not run across before, in Grapevine--not sure how I missed this, as I eat in the area often.

Anyway, I stuck to my planned cioppino meal, with an appetizer of Antipasto, where you pick six vegatable items from the antipasto bar, and they supplement it with three charcuterie selections. The antipasto was quite delicious.

They have a selection of chops and specials at the door that looked quite tempting...I'll have to return for these. The most intriguing was a filet vesuvio--essentially a fillet mignon (looked like about 1/3 to 1/2 of a trimmed whole filet) stuffed with asparagus and other delights. It was enough for two.

I stayed with cioppino, however, and was not disappointed. It was served in an elevated, covered bowl, with garlic bread (this was in addition to the crispy/soft focaccia served earlier), and included, besides the usual assortment of mussels, clams and fish, a whole lobster tail. The broth was divine, and the seafood not overcooked.

I will definitely return here, and I will be torn among the steaks, cioppino, and wonderful looking pasta dishes. My best bet may be to come with someone else next time and split the entrees.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The ambiance is great for a romantic dinner or a business dinner. Italian specialities recieve just as much attention as their steak offerings. A 10oz Prime Angus Filet "Quattro Formaggio" stuffed with gargonzola and a four cheese sauce on the side was the best steak I've ever had. Australian rack of lamb was cooked to perfection and had just the right amount of rosemary and garlic. Dinner starts with complimentary pizza bread and marinara sauce. This is served warm with garlic, parmesan and rosemary. They have several small private and semi-private dining areas as well as a large patio area.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a very good Italian restaurant. It is near home so it is great for a special night out. The people are extremely friendly.