“Way overpriced” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwest HWY
Description: Welcome To The Vineyard Steakhouse. We are a casual elegant Texas Steak House proudly serving only the best Prime Beef that money can buy with a variety of seafood dishes and seasonal specialties as well as classic sides and housemade desserts. Our wine list boasts over 200 varietals that will be sure to please any palate. Stop by the Skybar to enjoy the best Happy Hour in Grapevine from 3pm to 7pm everyday, while watching your favorite sporting event or sitting on our patio enjoying the amazing views.
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Way overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

For what you are paying, you should get significantly better food and way better service. Our server seemed uninterested in our table despite it not being very crowded. We could see him standing near the entrance to the kitchen with other servers just chatting away. Meanwhile, we sat and waited for our drinks, our order to be taken, our water to be refilled, etc.

Food was OK, but not worth the price. If you want to go to a good steakhouse in Grapevine, choose Bob's.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Bedford
“Wonderful complete experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We used a TravelZoo coupon for our first visit to the restaurant and were so completely satisfied with our visit. Outstanding service and very good food. Small touches and very attentive service make this restaurant a great choice for a celebration, an intimate dinner, or just an outing for a great time. A glass of champagne served as one is seated. Crab cake appetizers-perfect. Rib eyes tender and flavor filled. Sorbet served between appetizer and entree a nice touch. Creme brulee for dessert an elegant finish. We will tell our friends and definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Deborahc620
dallas
“best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

As an area resident I have been to all the likely suspects and this is my top choice. In a nutshell, this is an old fashioned steakhouse where things are prepared perfectly with excellent service. In addition there is a decent selection for non steak eaters like me. We had the lobster tail and red snapper with an appetizer selection and dessert. Everything was done to perfection with very generous portions. The surroundings were very nice, the parking free and plentiful, etc.

If you're looking for something more pretentious with everything piled up in the middle of the plate accompanied with unfamiliar garnishes and excessively priced wines, this is not the place for you. In my opinion, the concept expressed here hits this market on the nose!

2 Thank cuisinsky
Texas
“Not quite there, but almost.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Vineyard Steakhouse and Skybar in Grapevine Texas was visited as the beginning of a vacation the night before we left the country.
If you are in a hurry – it was ok, not great and pretty expensive. It just wasn’t the right combination, the largest thing was a great steak ruined by trying too hard to be different and overcooked. If you want to know the particulars…
We started in the SkyBar with cocktails that gave the appearance they were mixed by mixologists, not drink slingers. I ordered a Lillet Martini, and have to say, it was a very good. At least an 8. My wife’s drink concoction off a drink menu not so much. She ordered juice to drink and sipped a little of whatever it was supposed to be.
The front staff was very graceful and accommodating.
Going downstairs started dinner with a nice complimentary Champagne that was nice, crisp and well chilled.
Our salads were probably the best thing in the dinner next to Brent, the server. Lime sorbet was a nice touch between courses.
The cowboy ribeye I had, which was one of the top steaks on the menu fell well short in flavor. The “cook” or chef took a perfectly great quality steak, seasoned with very different seasonings or none at all and the preparation method was so different, it almost looked micro-waved. No crust, no grill, nothing but plain gray meat that was overcooked by the time it got to us. The Berkshire Chop made my bone-in Cowboy ribeye look like a snack. They were huge, flavorful and did I mention there was enough for probably 3 people? The “Texas’ Best Mushrooms” as on the menu, fell way short in flavor and almost was a no eat side. The cabbage was very good, which was not expected, as was the lime sorbet before the meal.
All in all, if you had a weekend at Great Wolf Lodge across the street with all the kids, and have one adult night out, it would be great to go have a couple nice cocktails with your spouse to get away. If you are set on steak, there are many great steaks not far from there. But again, their Berkshire chop was very good. So I might go back, not for steak, but the service Brent gave was probably enough to keep it off my NOGOZONE.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jetjouster
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Very good food, enjoyable atmosphere, impeccable service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I went with a large group for dinner after attending a convention. We had approximately 30 people in our party. The choices were obviously limited for a group this large, but I found the service impeccable, The wine selection superb, and the food very good. Our choices were either salmon or steak. I opted for salmon and it was very good, but not great as they did not prepare it to my medium specifications. Others at my table had the filet and found it to be wonderful. I do not eat bread as a general rule, but at the urging of others, tried the delectable rolls. Unbelievable taste and texture....defintely worth the additional carbs and calories. Had one bite of a fabulous chocolate cake and found it to also be worth a few extra calories. Perhaps the service was excellent due to the size, but had constant attention to drink and food., Can't attest to the value for the money as I did not pay for the meal or even know the price of the meal.

1 Thank cphilpot