“Out of the way”
Review of Weinbergers Deli

Weinbergers Deli
Ranked #13 of 241 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: This Grapevine favorite Chicago-style deli features more than 200 sandwiches. From Italian Beef to The Settler Sandwich (Thanksgiving dinner in a sandwich) to the amazing Weino’s Wall of Fame selections, you’re sure to find a spectacularly scrumptious sandwich.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Found by accident. The staff is very sassy.

A customer asked for an extra pickle, the manager was going to charge her $0.75, and let everyone in the place know it. It was rather uncomfortable. A worker gave it to the lady without charge. GOOD FOR HIM!!!!

With that being said, the food was great. I would return, but be aware of the staff.

As I stated, it is out of the way. It is in a strip mall hidden. It is closed on Sunday.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The variety of sandwiches was overwhelming, truly something for every meat lover. The staff was great - my kids didn't like their chili dogs because there was mustard on it - and they replaced it for free. I liked my Mark Cuban, but my wife hated her cheese steak. The food was so so, bit everything else was great.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We ordered a Philly cheese steak and after one bite we knew it was awful. What little meat that was on the soggy roll tasted horrible. We grabbed our water and ran out of there. Both of us have already taken several antacids and still feel yucky!!! Don't waste your time or $$$ on this place,

3  Thank golfdonna
Weino55, Owner at Weinbergers Deli, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Sorry you had such a terrible experience. I am a little confused as to the 'soggy' concerning the bread. I don't know. We'll never know what the real reason is since you did not bring it to our attention at the time of your visit. That is why we encourage our customers constantly to bring something to our attention immediately so we can correct to the problem. My immediate reaction is you got the wrong sandwich. It sounds more like a wet Italian Beef rather than a cheese steak, by your description.
My store policy is if you get something and you are not happy with it bring it up. Any restaurant should be happy to correct their mistake. We are not perfect and we do not claim to be so. We do make mistakes. Knowing at the time what the issue is gives us the opportunity to see what we did wrong. I would hope you would give us the chance to show you we are worth the stars we have been given by so many others. Of course that is your decision. But it is that important for us to understand what is wrong with something at the time we serve you so we can make it right then and there. Put yourself in my position. Am I going to want you to have a bad meal and never see you again? Or am I going to do everything I can to make your meal right and keep you as a happy customer for life? Its a simple answer.
Again sorry for the poor meal, my apologies.

Dan W.
Dan W.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Looking for authentic Beef Sandwiches or a real Chicago Dog? All you transplanted Chicagoans know exactly what we mean.....
There is nothing like real aged beef on a soft roll dripping in aju or true Vienna dogs....and they have them EVERY day at Weinberger's. There are very few places in the metroplex serving beef that passes our inspection. No worries here. From the friendly counter staff to the Windy City nostalgia on the walls, you are instantly "back home" at the neighborhood deli. There are MANY sandwiches to choose from and ALL are exceptional. Special requests are taken and served with care. The owner is tried and true Chicago and will go the distance to please his customers.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The BEST Ruben and Vienna Red Hot I found outside of the city. Right down to the poppy seed bun. Give them a try.

Been to Weinbergers Deli? Share your experiences!