“You'll laugh until you fall off your chair”

Texas Star Dinner Theater
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience an award winning Wild West Murder Mystery Dinner Theater production at the Texas Star Dinner Theater in downtown historical Grapevine, Texas - conveniently located between Dallas and Fort Worth. Every Friday & Saturday. Tickets are $59.95 + tax and includes dinner & the show! Parking is free.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped in at the Texas Star Dinner Theatre in Grapevine during a recent visit to the Dallas area to watch the Dallas Cowboys take on the Denver Broncos. That night, the playhouse was featuring an Old West Murder Mystery in which the audience was to figure out the murderer. While there was a definite plot, the ad libs never stopped coming. Our group laughed and laughed. It was an incredible amount of fun.

The meal was quite good too. I had a Texas-sized chicken fried steak paired with garlic mashed potatoes and mouthwatering pecan bourbon pie. You can find better but for dinner theatre food, this was very good. Strongly recommended and free or nearly free of adult content. Everyone in our group of more than 30 had a great time.

1  Thank Ron S
"date night"
in 10 reviews
"great fun"
in 10 reviews
"would definitely go back"
in 36 reviews
in 47 reviews
in 28 reviews

Reviewed September 25, 2013

So, anytime i try something new- i always use tripadvisor & im so glad i did! We went for my brothers 25th birthday party. He just wanted to do something relaxing & we love murder mystery dinner. I happened upon this one, due to calling another in DFW for 2 weeks straight and getting NO response. Anyway- amazing. We had a party of 9- one of which was my 7 year old. I was unsure about the atmosphere for a "child" at first, but my son is very theatrical himself- so it was PERFECT. The cast was great and dinner was pretty good as well. The chicken fried steak is "Texas" sized, and the bread pudding & carrot cake were excellent as well. Purchasing tickets online was a breeze, and everytime i needed to call with a question- someone always (HAPPILY) picked up the phone.

Over all it was great- age range was 7, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 33, 34, 46, 51.

We are looking foward to going back in a few months when they change up the show.

If i could change anything- it was to request drinks (soda, water, tea), but filled periodically as well. It seemed those at our table that ordered alcoholic beverages were offered "refills" more so than those of use drinking the alternative. OTHER than that request- had a blast and it's a must see!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank kuhristea
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Girlfriend turned 21 Thursday and her family came down to visit. The Saturday show was the last event we planned as a group and it couldn't of ended the weekend better.

Actors were very funny. I was whipping tears from my eyes which doesn't happen often. The interactions with the crown always produced laughs. The humor boarded on adult at times, but was never offensive. I usually prefer more adult humor but they did great job without going blue. I'd call it pg-13 if I had to rate it. Also they allowed us to take

Food was the most surprising part. It came from Chill Sports Bar located in the same lot and it was fantastic. I had the asparagus stuffed chicken. It was juicy, flavorful, unique, and large serving. The breast was around 8oz smothered in a rich cream sauce plus awesome Gratin Potatoes and grilled veggies. Girlfriend really liked her Grilled Tilapia, vegetarian mom loved her stuffed eggplant. No one got the chicken fried steak but it looked tasty as well. The Pecan Pie and bread puddin' were great as well. I didn't leave hungry, but I did want more.

Show lasted until about 10pm. So 3 course meal (salad, main course, dessert), almost 3 hours of entertainment, for $50. Very worth it. I'll be coming back here for their Holiday show with my family for sure.

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good food and good entertainment. We had a good laugh!! It is entainment for the whole family. The cast made a point to talk with each table of guest.