“Horrible Food - Worse Management” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 235 Restaurants in Grapevine
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“Horrible Food - Worse Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I sent this message to the restaurant (only) and received the absolute rudest response back.

ME: The NY Strip was okay, but I've had far better quality meat for much less. We were unsure what to order for the 2nd entree & the server (who was very nice & efficient) recommended the Sea Bass. We should have looked at the menu, but we went with it. Turns out it's fried :( Worst Sea Bass I have ever had. Why anyone would bread and fry such a fatty fish I cannot fathom. My husband said it was okay and wouldn't send it back, but as soon as it cooled a little it was inedible. Really, one of the grossest entrees I've ever tried. Way over priced for the quality of food. We did love the butter, vinegar and oil combination & the bread as well. Better off w/Chamberlains or Del Frisco for the $$

DINO'S: dont come back

Gee, I was hoping to come back and get some more disgusting food...now I can't.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kelly N

“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

First of all, this was a Groupon purchase. I didn't know anything about the restaurant, but figured a place with steak AND seafood couldn't be bad. In spite of the prices, people were there in shorts. We started off with rolls and some sort of butter that was both sweet and sour at the same time. The rolls were warm, but they were of the kind you could purchase at the grocery store. The lobster bisque was wonderful! My companion ordered the 14oz NY strip; the first piece was excellent, the rest rather poor. I had the stuffed chicken, which had spinach and cheese inside; it was very dry. Both dinners came with mashed potatoes, very dry, with no gravy, and no butter to give them any flavor. Both dinners also included steamed zucchini and carrots, both of which were raw. The saving point was the server, Rosa; she was excellent and very attentive. Although the restaurant prefers reservations, they really weren't needed; although they had a good amount of customers, it was far from crowded.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Flower Mound, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

outstanding food, impeccable service and beautiful historic buidling Arrive before 7 or make reservations....upstairs.tables are very nice, downstairs has live pianist which seemed a little loud for conversation. Our waiter, Georgio, was excellent and when we mentioned our anniversary, he brought a frozen ice cream dessert for us. More than we normally pay to eat our, but even my frugal husband agreed the meal was worth the price.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sissy955
Dallas, Texas
“First time and would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

First time to dine and wished we had dressed more casually for outside dining just because weather was so nice. Was great anyway and we got to listen to piano player. I had tuna and husband had steak and scallop special. My tuna was good (though I actually ordered halibut and waiter miscoded it but was apologetic). Steak was good but scallops rather bland. Waiter did bring dessert to make up for mistake but wished he had asked our preference first. Brought tiramisu, which was good but wouldn't have been my choice. Next time will sit outside and try appetizers.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Michelle H
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Located in the heart of downtown Grapevine, what a cool find this was. We did not have a reservation but we were there early enough that they were able to seat us. Good food and very nice service. I recommend it.

Visited April 2014