“Great food that's not worth the rest of the hassles.”

Dino's Steak & Claw House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dino's Steak & Claw House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This is my second visit with the same result, great food sandwiched between an inflexible wait staff and a loud piano player and to top it off, it ain't cheap or even reasonable. Food was good enough to try it again on my next visit to the area but you will not see me there again, there are too many other good steak places in the area. Oh I almost forgot, great wine selection but you guessed it way over priced.

2  Thank Yankercranker

Reviewed July 21, 2012

So here is what this restaurant would tell you it is....An upscale dining experience. Here is what it is. A restaurant in need of a management review.

Three of us were in town for a medical convention. All three of us are foodies so we chose this restaurant. We were greated with hesitation because we did not have a reservation even though the restaurant was not full and did not get full during our stay. We were seated next to the grand piano. I love piano music and the piano player was wonderfully accomplished but it was hard to talk. Had I have been eating alone it would have been the perfect table Service began promptly.

One of my dining companions was on a diet and there is nothing more determined than a doctor whose doctor put him on a diet. He asked the waitress if he could have spinich with his meal instead of a starch. She said no. No substitutions. He did not ask to substitute fillet for chicken. He wanted some spinich. She wouldn't even ask the chef if he would substitute. This set the tone for our meal. The wine list is fairly good though expensive. This is a pet peeve of mine but I am used to it. I had my eye on a couple of bottles but we decided not to have wine because we were a little bummed.

My Atlantic Salmon with orzo pasta ratatouille & roasted pepper sauce was very good as was the steak one of my friends had. The friend who couldn't eat part of his meal was, naturally, disappointed.

Now this you will not believe. I couldn't make it up and this is why the general manager needs to spend some time looking in the mirror. We are eating in a 'fine dining' establishment, expensive, grand piano music ringing in our ears and what do I see looking toward the kitchen? On the TV that someone thought they should hang over the bar? Cage Fighting! Really? Cage fighting. Nothing says Texas like a nice salmon and some bloody mayhem.

So I am going to hit the 2 button on the atmosphere block for the Cage fighting. (I won't rate them one because the Piano player saved them from that. Two for service because a well managed server would NEVER deny a simple request. Can you even imagine the words "so substitutions" coming out of someones mouth at a fine dining restaurant? They get three for value but only because they mean to be expensive so there were no surprises there and, of course, the food was excellent. I think this is a talented chef. I suspect he would be appalled at the front of the house.

So general manager....wake up. Great restaurants do everything right. You didn't miss by an inch. You missed by a mile.

5  Thank Rickwine
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Four of us dined here to celebrate my birthday. We shared a trio of appetizers (based on our waiter's recommendation) and chose steak for our entrees. The appetizers were wonderful, and each one of our steaks was cooked perfectly to how we ordered. Absolutely delicious! The sides of mashed potatoes and steamed veggies were great too as was the bottle of wine. We came midweek and the service was quick and personable. Our waiter brought a slice of cake, complete with a lit candle and four forks, to our table even though my birthday was barely mentioned in passing. The menu is a bit pricey, but well worth it in our opinion. So glad we chose this restaurant for my birthday celebration!

1  Thank Anita C
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We really wanted to like this place, but the food was average at best and not worth the cost. My husbands steak was overcooked and mine was undercooked. When I said something to the server he sent mine back, but really offered no apologies that they almost charred my husbands $42 steak. The sides barely had any seasoning and I hate to ask for salt and pepper to be brought to the table. When we ordered my husband asked if there were any other vegetables besides asparagus since he does not like them and the waiter said it was more like a garnish and not a side dish. When our plates came out mine had a huge pile of undercooked carrots and overcooked squash, while my husbands plate had a huge portion of asparagus. In most high end steak houses this would never have happened. For the cost we were just expecting to have a much better meal and significantly better service. Next time we will take the same amount of money and head to Capitol Grill!

4  Thank Restaurant D
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I took a group of 23 people to Dino's for dinner last week. The food and service were excellent. All 23 dinners arrived at the table within 2 minutes first to last. That can be difficult for a kitchen where there are 5 entrees being served. Those who had steaks loved them. I suggest the Sea Bass with Avacado and Crab - OMG! Good! This group is not easily impressed with food and wine but they really enjoyed this dinner.

1  Thank Ilovetotravel730