“Terrible”

Grapevine Vintage Railroad
Ranked #13 of 65 things to do in Grapevine
More attraction details
Owner description: The Grapevine Vintage Railroad travels along the historic Cotton Belt Route between Grapevine and the Fort Worth Stockyards. The Railroad is serviced by two vintage locomotives which include "Puffy" the 1896 Steam locomotive and oldest continously operating steam engine in the South, and a 1953 GP-7 diesel locomotive. Passengers enjoy riding in authentic 1920s and 1930s Victorian - style coaches as they take a step back in time and experience train travel as it was in the glory days of the expanding West. Pull into the Fort Worth Stockyards Station and you'll be right in the middle of the Stockyards National Historic District where the Old West comes alive. Have fun at this outstanding retail and entertainment district.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Probably the worst tourist experience I have ever had.

We took a 3 year old and a 5 year old with us ... and the trip was miserable. The trip to Ft. Worth took 2 hours because there was another train in the way. The trip from Ft. Worth to Grapevine TOOK 3 HOURS! The kids were miserable, the restrooms had no running water and the wood seats were uncomfortable. I will never, ever do this trip again. And would never, ever suggest that friends take a trip.

I would have asked for my money back when we arrived in Grapevine, but the kids were not happy ... oh and the station was closed.

Save yourself some time and money .. just drive.

4  Thank hannmen

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were visiting the grapevine area and decided to take the Victorian style train ride to see the Texas longhorns. It was a fun train ride with our granddaughter, son and daughter in law. Would like to ride the Christmas train sometime too. Enjoyable family time. The stampede down through Fort Worth was a bit more like a trot through town but a very unique area to visit as well.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We did a fun ride while on our little vacation in Dallas area. My son LOOOVES trains and he was so excited to do this. He had such a great time. We drove by all the "ding dongs" as my son calls them, and had all the cars honk at us. yes there was quite a bit of construction going on, but the guys working would wave at us. I actually think I had more fun than my son, hehe. We plan on doing the North Pole Express this christmas season, CANT WAIT!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

You can take the Victorian style train that travels along the historic Cotton Belt Route between Grapevine and the Fort Worth Stockyards and enjoy the wind in your hair. The ride lasts approximately 30 minutes and is quite enjoyable.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My sister and I were visiting the Stockyards Historic District in Ft Worth TX and decided to take an hour train ride on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. We choose the $15 First Class trip since it was 104 degrees, and we wanted to enjoy an airconditioned trip. What a total disappointment this little jaunt was. It was not at all scenic. I don't know what we expected, but it was not worth the $15! Not only that, there were a bunch of screaming kids in our car. Should have known better since it was a Sunday afternoon and lots of families were out. We don't need to do that again! Walking the Stockyards district and visiting all the shops was fun.

4  Thank Walklady