“Not Your Traditional Italian”

San Daniele Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
San Daniele Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 260 Restaurants in Grapevine
Description: Located in Historic Grapevine, San Daniele is modern in approach and Italian in spirit and features a culture-driven menu with dishes thoughtfully designed to be shared and enjoyed. Our small plates concept allows guest to indulge without overindulging.
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We went with our daughter and son-in-law for an adult dinner. The menu lists a variety of Italian dishes served tapas style. We enjoyed sampling a variety of dishes. It was somewhat unexpected but thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I'm always excited to try a new restaurant in Grapevine, and I love authentic Italian food. I was looking forward to dinner at San Daniel for an anniversary dinner but was disappointed. The ambiance and location are good (in spite of some seats being able to look into men's room), but the food was very average. It also appeared that they had a shortage of servers for the number of people. The bread came out late after the appetizer, and the server seemed a little unprepared. We ordered an appetizer of caprese (Buffalo mozzarella, slow-roasted tomatoes, basil) and it was ok. The cioppino was a huge disappointment in that the $22 portion was so small like a tiny appetizer and not tasty. There was only one shrimp in it. (Cioppino is so much better at nearby Cafe Italia on Hwy 26). Also ordered a margherita pizza which looked great, was of a decent size, but tasted bland - almost like the the fake stone it sat on transferred its flavor. Again, other pizza places such as Grimmaldis, Cavalli's, or Inzo's are head and shoulders above this one. I applaud them for serving a cannonau wine from Sardinia which I don't see any other restaurants carrying, but the other failures, especially the taste and value of the meal means I won't return.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

If you love Italian food, you’ll love San Daniele. The house made pasta was amazing, and the Mariana sauce was the best I’ve ever eaten. The atmosphere is chic and intimate. I’m already planning our next visit! I would have given a higher rating had the service warranted it. Our water glasses remained empty after two requests to fill them. After dinner downstairs, we went upstairs to the deck to enjoy the sunset and dessert. Our second waitress was clearly not happy to see us, although she did take care of business. Come check it out!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Loved the roof top area- nice selection of drinks- appetizers were good- location on Main Street is great- Good parking area

Reviewed June 11, 2018

This is not a review I like writing but I feel based on what has happened I could not sit silent. After booking a large rehearsal dinner for over 55 people back in March, I reached out to the manager about two to three weeks ago to set the menu. After numerous and I mean numerous attempts, including phone calls, emails and and more phone calls I heard back one time from a Jennifer, but after that never again, I called the owner twice, Kristopher Colig and asked for him to get involved and still nothing. They have my deposit, they knew this was a big event and this is a new restaurant you would think would be putting their best food forward.

After my last call I actually asked when Jennifer would be in and they told me they couldn’t give out this information. Are you kidding me. So after doing more research and finding another option, I reached out to Winewood Grill and after immediate response and a visit to the restaurant, I was able to reschedule this important dinner for August. Thank you so much Winewood for your professional and swift response.

When I did cancel and spoke to someone, they assured me they would call me back that evening. I heard nothing. Now we are disputing the deposit with the credit card company to get our deposit back.

I own my own Interior Design Firm and I have never encountered such incredibly unprofessional and lack of care response in my life. Something is really wrong there and I would highly recommend you take caution if you are planning any event.

4  Thank Linda B