“Dinner Meeting”

Bob's Steak and Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak and Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 241 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 114
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Service left a lot to be desired. Groups may not be their strong suit. Food was good but not great. We did enjoy the wine list.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great for date night, family dinner, special occassions or business. Staff and service is consistently great. Steaks are by far the best in the area, really great. All sides and seafood really good too. Bar and drinks, terriffic. Vibe is always energetic even on a Tuesday night and you can dress for a night on the town or go with jeans, boots and a nice shirt, you'll be welcome and comfortable either way.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our group was celebrating an occasion and one of the group wanted to eat here for the occasion, We all looked forward to the fine dining.
Our reservation was honored and our table was in a good place. Being early in the evening there were not many patrons there when we arrived,,, but when we left the place was full and NOISY, You would have difficulty carring on a conversation here on a weekend evening.
My wife enjoyed a glass of wine (6.00) and I had a basic mixed drink (10.00). My wife tried the lobster bisque (11.00) and it was very good - although devoid of any lobster meat. We both ordered the Prime 9oz filet (37.00 ea). Mine arrived cooked as I requested. My wife's was ordered the same and arrived much too well done and tough for her to eat. The side baked potatoes were very good and the candied carrots were excellent.
The server did a good job with our group and took good care of us. I noted that when the food arrived, or things got busy otherwise, other servers arrived from nowhere to assist him.
With our group of 12 or so, separate checks became a problem. The server offered to arrange it but it took about three tries to get it near right. We finally just paid and swapped cash among ourselves.
Our portion of the bill for two adults with a 20% tip was $165.00 which I believe is one of the more expensive meals I have eaten here in the Dallas Fort Worth area lately. For the service and atmosphere it deserves a 3+. For the value of the food and preparation a 3- .
There are much better steak houses in the Dallas Fort Worth area. If you are going to spend this kind of money I would take Del Frisco in Fort Worth any day over Bobs.. My friends who were with us on this visit, and live North of Dallas say that Three Forks in Dallas is much better. I probably wll not return to Bobs for what seemed to me to be low value for my money...

1  Thank CrankyOldGuy
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We went to bob's for a business dinner all went right from the moment we walked we walked in the door. The hostess got us situated at the bar with our party to award the later arrivals. The bar tenders were attentive and left us wanting for nothing while not being intrusive. The servers were on top of everything keeping the wine and water glasses full. They made great reccomendationd and were high energy and professional. We were thir guests And again they were always there if anything was wanted or needed.
The only negative was that the the noise not too loud nut just loud enough that you needed to speak up to hear those across the table. Great experience and I'd go again,

2  Thank RDCononver
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Parking is not good unless you valet. But the valet was great. Restaurant is traditional chop house style. Dark with lots of wood and leather.

Smoked salmon app was great and the presentation was very nice.

My steak was. Cooked to order but it had a lot of grissel which is not acceptable for a steakhouse of this caliber. I would have sent it back had I not been in a group and the guest. But it should have never made it to the table.

The service was very good without being overbearing.

It's good and I would happily go back, but it should be great for the price.