“can't go wrong with el fenix”
Review of El Fenix

El Fenix
Ranked #77 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 25, 2014

WE LOVE EL FENIX! our favortie store is the original restaurant in downtown dallas. but we have never been disappointed in an el fenix. not sure what they do to their hamburger meat, but they have the second best tacos i've ever had (first is husband's). love this place!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very reasonably priced food with amazingly good chips and salsa. Several menu items are not your traditional TexMex and they were excellent. Also, they have the BEST sopapillas we have ever had!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a restaurant but serve you food like a taco bell. Taco bell has better Nacho than this restaurant.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I dined here recently with my elderly mother. Our waiter was great; young, energetic, attentive. The food was disappointing to say the least. The Tilapia was the least offensive dish I could find and my mother's 'crispy' taco shells were soft and greasy. I guess it might be a good place if you like fast food at a sit down restaurant but for real Tex Mex this isn't the place to go.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

House Margaritas to start in a tall salt rimmed glass but they must have thought my wife and I were underage as the tequila was missing. Chips were fresh and the salsa tasty. My wife enjoyed the chicken enchiladas which she enjoyed while I had a special combination of beef and shrimp fajitas. These were in a delicious sauce and topped with onion strings and cheese. The demerits are for tough beef, very small shrimp, few if any peppers and the shredded cheese that instead of being served on the side, was put on the very hot plate containing the rice and beans therefore being served as one melted glob. For the price it may be okay but I like my margaritas with some tequila taste and there are a bevy of top notch Mex and Tex-Mex places in the immediate area that are more satisfying.