“Great place to stay”

Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Lovely Hotel with great staff. A friend recommended the hotel to me and I know where I'll stay on my next visit to Dallas again. The staff is more than friendly and goes out of its way to make the stay great. The room was very clean and equipped with refrigerator and microwave. The hotel shuttle was a great plus for me since I didn't have a car. By any means a great place!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 7, 2011

We have stayed at this Super 8 many times using DFW airport, leaving our cars for 5-10 days and using their shuttle bus.

Our last trip contained 12 travelers. We had already made it through TSA awaiting to board when we realized we were without our Disney tickets and a camera. We called Super 8's front dest, they searched the rooms and found the camera but no tickets. We gave Emily our key code to our car and asked her to search it, she found the tickets and made a special trip delivering the items to the airport. I'm not sure I could have made the round trip and catch the flight in a taxi as fast as she arrived.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I had stayed at the Gaylord Texan for a convention, but chose to stay here for my last night in Grapevine. The staff were unbelievably friendly, and fun. Not because they were being forced that way, but because they were genuine. The free shuttle service to anywhere you wanted to go within a 5 mile radius was an outstanding benefit, especially coming from a place that charged you to take you 2 miles down the road. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to get the best night's sleep out of my whole week long stay in Grapevine. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious, and even included Texas shaped waffles! I really felt more at home than at the Gaylord. The Super 8 was not as big nor as fancy, but the home atmosphere and friendly staff and amazing service were well worth it for me. They even made home made chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies for us during the evening!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I am a frequent traveler & have NEVER experienced the customer service that we received on this 2 night stay! We were there for a Surgery on my sister in-law & had no way of getting her back into the hotel after her surgery. The front desk crew went ABOVE & BEYOND not only to help us get her to the room, But to bring ice for her machine, make sure the walker was delivered to the right room & even brought up menus because I could not leave her by herself!! Just FANTASTIC!! Will recommend to any & everyone!!!!!!!
Thanks to all the Service Desk Crew all shifts. This is one GROUP that this hotel should be PROUD to call employees!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Super 8 brand is one with a wide variety. Different franchisees have different standards. This location is definitely in the upper end of the budget category.

The location is perfect, just south o 114/121, but far enough from the highway and situated so that you don't hear the freeway noise. Rooms are sparse, but have a good selection of TV channels and a satisfying air conditioner hum. Beds and amenities are in line with the budget classification, but nothing to complain about. WiFi is good with about 5Mb down and 2Mb up.

Breakfast is a bit better than most, with sausage biscuits and Texas-shaped waffles. The Ft. Worth Star Telegram is free in the lobby.

There is a free shuttle to area attractions and the airport, and it's responsive.

Altogether, it's not a destination in and of itself, but if Grapevine is your destination, I highly recommend the Super 8.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This place had EVERYTHING covered. It was SPOTLESS and all the employees were helpful and fantastic. The room was great, the bed was comfortable and I every morning the coffee was fresh! I couldn't believe that had a free breakfast and a free shuttle to area attractions. This place made a business trip something enjoyable! If I ever get back to Grapevine.. I'll stay here without question.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband & I stayed just one night for Grapefest. Everyone was very friendly and the shuttle drivers are GREAT!!! I would defianlty stay here again on our next Staycation!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple