“Some small inconveniences”

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, the staff was very friendly and attentive. We were there for a wedding so didn't have time to take advantage of the many amenities but the grounds were lovely and the pool was very large and looked inviting. The rooms were very cold (adjusting the air conditioning didn't help) and the bathroom was very small, with a glass partition covering half the opening so water sprayed all over the bathroom floor plus a fan that didn't work so the steam lasted quite a while. Only one narrow window in the room made it rather cave-like but luckily the beds were extremely comfortable. The food in the grill was fine and the service in the bar was good. Proximity to the airport as well as the mall were definitely an advantage. Also had a few nice large gathering areas in the lobby which worked well for our big group.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I liked staying at this hotel. The staff was great, free accessible parking close to the building, meals were great, I loved the omelette in the morning. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The lobby is wide, ambiance is quaint and quiet. Overall I would say it was a lovely experience

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While the aesthetics of the hotel and the staff were very good, the noise coming from the halls / other rooms and the lack of a properly working A/C unit made this a less than desirable stay. We arrived well after the check in time and the rooms were not ready for anyone ... many people waiting. Would have been worth it had everything mentioned was removed from the equation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was originally planning to stay at a nearby hotel, but a local family member recommended the Hilton DFW for our family hotel gathering. Not only was the price unbelievable, the hotel amenities were amazing! Horseback riding on the property, running/walking paved trails, tennis courts, fitness room, outdoor pool with hot tub, free wireless internet, etc. This hotel was MUCH more than I originally thought it would be. The mall was less than a mile away. I had my children with me so it was great because LegoLand and Sea Life Aquarium are located at the mall so it was very convenient for the family. The hotel staff are very professional and helpful. The hotel room was very clean and everything was top notch. My parents had breakfast in the hotel. It was a little pricey ($35/pp), but it was a breakfast buffet and my parents said it was well worth it. I compared it to the hotel I was originally going to stay at which includes breakfast in the price of their daily rate. It would have been about the same price and the Hilton offers so much more. This hotel is also close to the airport, and many restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel if quality and comfort are important to you. The property grounds were so beautiful and relaxing. We felt like we were in a 5-Star hotel/resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was a bit skeptical! It did not take long for the staff to win me over. From the guys at the front door to check in- these folks are so warm and friendly. My king room on the executive level was adequate. Large, clean and of course a wonderful Hilton bed but in need of a facelift. Dark and only one narrow window. Believe me - the staff made up for it! Visit Tommy in the executive lounge- inviting and memorable. The bartender and others at Bonnie and Clyde's could not be more attentive and the food is wonderful! My trip back to the airport with Angela was great. Again- the smiles and good conversation. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Room was very clean, air conditioner was awesome, noise level was good. My wife and I ate for lunch and brought leftovers back to our hotel refrigerator. Later that night, we noticed we did not have a microwave, and went down to the front desk to ask if we could use one. I was told it would cost $15, which I thought was a little customer unfriendly. While I was going back to the room, I noticed a microwave in the Starbucks. I asked Jessica from the lobby if she could heat our two dinners up. She was extremely accommodating (more so than the front desk), and very friendly. When asked if I could leave a comment card for her, she told me that the front desk had them. I stopped by the front desk, and was told the comment cards were in the rooms. I went upstairs, and searched the entire room - and there weren't any. The next morning, I asked a manager at the front desk for one, and was told they didnt' do them anymore, and to leave my comments on Trip Advisor. So - bottom line - the service by Jessica would definitely bring me back, but the front desk/manager I thought (while not rude) was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lida R
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here after having cared for my child and additional guests in my home for most of the summer months, just to "get away" without having to drive to far out of town. I was very happy with the accommodations and its location in proximity to downtown Grapevine and shopping areas. I spent the day at the local wineries and at Grapevine Mills mall. The property was clean, quiet and well-kept. The staff was very friendly, too. After I had ordered breakfast (room service) I was placing my tray outside the door for pickup and the door accidentally shut and locked behind me! I was wearing just my nightgown and was pretty ticked at myself for my mistake, as I'd now need to walk to the lobby to get a new key - nope. Not only are there phones on each floor, but there was also a hotel personnel right there to help me out. Thank you for a wonderful stay. I wished I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo