“Get a cab, avoid the airport shuttle” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
“Get a cab, avoid the airport shuttle”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

I'm not a huge fan of the hotel in general, but have had few experiences worse than the airport shuttle. I arrived late on a Sunday night after a canceled flight and had to be back to the airport early in the morning. The shuttle driver, sporting quite the Napoleon complex, ordered me back inside to find out my gate information as knowing my airline was not good enough. He then insisted my laptop bag go in the back with the rest of the luggage. This is a work laptop with confidential material that I would be terminated if I lost. No matter. The ride was terrifying, he almost got in 2 wrecks then picked the information lane at the toll, costing us more time. Finally at the airport I had to convince him I had 2 bags since he was so preoccupied with my laptop bag.

As for the hotel, shoddy internet service and no freebies (breakfast, water, etc) despite Hilton diamond status. A poor experience all the way around.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank jeffthomason
MStillwell, Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Thank you Mr. Jeff Thomason for taking a moment to share your recent experience with our hotel and the services provided.

While our team prides itself on providing exceptional customer experiences, we sincerely apologize for falling short during your time with us.

Not only is guest satisfaction important to us, but guest safety is ultimate and the experience you shared in unacceptable and will be addressed immediately.

I would like to talk with you more regarding your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 817.410.6956 to discuss.

Thank you again!

Sincerely

Kevin Buck, Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Finnish first
Cambridge, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed 3 nights attending a convention.

Friendly hotel with staff all keen to assist with any issue.

Rooms were rather dark with a very small window but I did manage a good night's sleep each night. I stayed on the 8th floor in what was described as an executive room. No bath available, only a shower.

The breakfasts were not too exciting. Rather standard fare for the hot and cold buffet although there was a chef available to rustle up an omlette. I do wish hotels in the US could provide some decent bread and a variety of foods for the cold counter. Compared to the Hilton at Copenhagen Airport, the food was a disapointment.

Despite any comments made abaove, I would stay at the hotel if I was in the area again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Antarctic
Camden, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I traveled with a large group of people from my company. The accomodations, location, cleanliness, etc was very good. Staff was nice and helpful! The dining at the restaurantes in the hotel was all about average to good. I did end up with dirty cups, plates, and silverware. Although it was rectified I was suprized that with as nice as the rest of the hotel was that this was a proble. We ate at the Austin Ranch. I found both the food and the dirty dishes issue at the Austin Ranch to be an issue. If you are planning on traveling to this Hilton I would suggest any of the in house dining places but would avoid that Austin Ranch if possible.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MStillwell, Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Thank you Oldfashionpreacher for taking a moment to not only compliment our team and hotel but to share in your experience at the Austin Ranch as well!

We value our guests input and certainly with regard to Austin Ranch, we fell short of our standards of excellence. I have already discussed your specific areas of concerns with our food and beverage team as well as our general manager and the necessary steps to address this issue have already been implemented as to correct the matter.

Thank you again and we hope to see you at the Hilton DFW Lakes in the future!

Kevin Buck, Assistant General Manager
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed here for a quick weekend getaway....nice, clean rooms. Close to the airport, but never heard an airplane so good soundproofing. Fantastic indoor pool area with hot tub. Great location...very close to mall and restaurants. Free parking!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank srgnix
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

One night stay. Arrived late and left mid-morning, so didn't take advantage of many of the services, but the room was clean and large, and the service staff were quite friendly and helpful. No extraneous noise, internet connection was just fine. No complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Weiterstadt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed at this Hilton as part of a family vacation in Grapevine, my husband and I with our 4 year old and my parents in a separate room. In general a nice hotel, service was always friendly and attentive. We took the shuttle from the airport after arriving in from our international flight, the wait was rather long but it was a free shuttle and the service was good. It is a short drive from the airport which was nice. The room was not terribly roomy but was clean, comfortable and modern standards, more than adequate for our needs. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was, however, fantastic, one of the best breakfast buffets we have had at a hotel, fresh and with basically any breakfast item a person could want. There as well, service was always extremely attentive. We enjoyed the picturesque outdoor pool, which has a bar that serves a variety of drinks, a good place for winding down after a day of sightseeing. The grounds were large and nice for strolling, we didn't play tennis but the courts were good quality. My father and I went for a horseback ride at the adjoining stables, very nice trail guide although the ride itself is probably more exciting for beginners than experienced riders. There is a small play area for kids outside, needed some cleaning though as it seemed to be where all the smokers went (cigarette butts all over). We liked in the Starbucks in the lobby, that came in handy, and we also enjoyed the outside patio seating at the restaurant. The mall next to the hotel is awesome, great shopping and really close! The only things that were not so good were the pay-TV and pay internet access, much too expensive and nowadays internet is free almost everywhere...it was really annoying to have to pay for those services. TV was no big deal, we weren't there to watch television but as business owners we do need to check e-mails regularly. But that said, all in all a great stay for the price we paid and we would definitely go there again.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
MStillwell, Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2010
Thank you so much for all of the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay with us! Our team takes great pride in ensuring that our guests are taken care of and we are so happy that your stay went well!

We will be sure to share your comments with all of our team members.

We look forward to being your home away from home again in the future!

Take care,

Melissa Stillwell, Director of Revenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed here for a weekend anniversary getaway by booking a good deal online that included a breakfast buffet. I thought the room was decent -- nothing over the top and the bathroom was a bit small -- but still a good value for what we paid. The grounds offer a nice woodsy atmosphere, and the concierge helped us out a couple times with some good info. We tried to get a late night snack at Bonnie & Clyde's but it felt more like a very noisy pep rally when we walked in, with some big football game playing on all the screens, so we left. I must say the best thing about this property was probably the breakfast buffet.....it had everything you could ever want for a morning meal, was delicious and had very attentive and friendly wait staff. A real treat for those morning afters!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple