“Very good seafood in North Texas”

Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar
Ranked #5 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 4, 2012

As a frequent traveler to the Dallas and Grapevine, Texas area. I've never stopped in this place until this past Thanksgiving weekend. Now I only wish I had tried it sooner. As a seafood lover, this place smelled like heaven when we first walked in. Not as good as being down on the coast but still darn good. I had the daily special which was blackened red fish and I must say it was excellent. And my wife played it safe and went with the old reliable fish and chips. Which she said was really good. We just had soft drink on this lunch outing so I can't speak for the bar. But it looked very temping as the drink were flowing from the bar non-stop the whole time we were there. Oh ya, the fried pickles were excellent as well. The only down side on this day was the slow service. But not that big of a deal. They were really busy which speaks highly for a mom and pop place. I would definitely stop in again the next time I'm in town.

There are newer reviews for Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fresh fish, Crawfish, seafood. All well prepared, reasonable prices. Live entertainment most nights. Great people and service.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This has long been one of my favorite places in Grapevine. I am happy to say that the atmosphere and food are still great: laid-back, fun, and delicious. My favorite are the oyster nachos, though I didn't see them on the menu this time around.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I are in Grapevine for a conference and were looking for a great local place to eat. We took the Grapevine Shuttle to Historic Main Street and decided to try Big Fish Grill & Bar. It was one of the few restaurants on Main Street that was crowded on a Wednesday night. We ordered everything from the bulletin board of specials, and loved everything we ordered! We started with the fried pickles, and then moved on to the tortilla custed tilapia and the blackened redfish. This was, by far, the best meal we have had all week in Grapevine! Service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stopped here to grab some food during a visit in Grapevine. The place is well located in the downtown, is nice and is well taken care of. The service was good, but maybe a little slow (not a big deal).

We shared crab cakes, which were pretty good considering the price ($6.99). The menu has enough to choose from, and the daily specials on the blackboard are a good choice. My wife had the trout, which was not awesome but did go down easily. My oyster po'boy was really good. Simple, but good.

This is an inexpensive restaurant for seafood, but don't expect it to be anything fancy; simply a nice place for a good bite