“Unique, great get away with my husband found on groupon.”
Review of Beaumont Ranch

Beaumont Ranch
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Unique, great get away with my husband found on groupon.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Traci Garrison was delightful and most welcoming. Our stay included a BBQ buffet dinner and a breakfast buffet. We had the rose petal turndown included in our package. The room was lovely and the bedpost comfortable. Lots of activities available if you chose to participate and/or pay for them.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been to allot of places but the Beaumont Ranch has been by far the BEST place I have ever stay at. Everything was amazing. The staff, rooms and food were great. If you are planning a trip you must put Beaumont Ranch at the TOP of your list you will not be disappointed. 5 Stars!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a great place to go to get away from the city, the western town is very nice the room's are really nice, love the bed's they are very comfortable, food and band are good can't wait to go again, I'll be going back in Oct.

• Stayed August 2013
texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just came back from a weekend stay for our daughters 13th birthday. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and very clean. The service was very good (especially Cindy at the desk and her daughter) they took real good care of us. The other staff was also very good. Horseback riding and zip lining we also very good!! Buffet dinners were good too. Would defiantly recommend this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I just had to write and say THANK YOU for taking such good care of my son and his new bride! I sent them to the ranch for their wedding night plus an additional night so they can do things that I know they love to do (ie: zip line, ATV). They called me both days to tell me what a wonderful time they were having and how well your staff took care of them. My son went into great detail on how good the filet mignon was and even sent pictures of their meals on both nights! They were so happy about being there and that made ME happy! You know the saying "if Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy"....well, THIS momma is really happy! THANK YOU for taking such good care of my family! They told me they plan to make this an annual event!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Keller
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I believe in being fair so I'll start with the fact that our room was cute. That's about it. My Fiance and I had spent the entire day on the motorcycle, riding around with friends, and the B&B was supposed to be our little respite at the end of a long hot day. We were both looking forward to a nice hot shower and comfortable bed. The tub in the bathroom was tiny and had a hand held shower that you couldn't hang anywhere. Honestly I prefer to stand under the water and not have to hold the shower over my head. Water got everywhere as there was only a flimsy curtain to keep it all in. Dinner was a BBQ buffet and certainly not worth the $12.95 per person they charge you for it. Food was mediocre and there was nothing for a sweet tooth afterwards. We stayed in the Jared room and our bed was rock hard. I honestly don't think I've ever slept on a harder mattress. So after a restless night sleeping we hit the breakfast buffet and it wasn't anything special either. Eggs were a little runny and there really wasn't a lot to choose from.

To add insult to injury, after we got home they called us and tried to tell me that I still owed them money for the room; we used an AP Daily Deals coupon and paid for it when we bought the coupon. We had to explain that to the front desk when we checked in and then again when they bothered me at home. I now know why there are so many Groupons and special deals out there for the Beaumont Ranch.....if left to word of mouth advertising they would be in terrible shape.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mstaudt
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
When a review or comment starts out “I tried to be fair”, I know that something is afoot. We receive rave reviews from our customers and have an active repeat business. It does not look like it on trip advisor which floors me, but it is true. There are 70-90* employees working here that love and care this place and every person who crosses through its doors. In particular, the comment about the hard bed and the difficult night sleep does not ring true. We are constantly asked, “Where do you get your beds? This is the best night’s sleep that I have had in years. “ Locals spend the night just so that they can sleep in our beds. I frequently find myself telling the story of being a young wife living 2000 miles from my family with 3 little girls and a husband that travelled all the time. Some thirty years ago I decided that my husband needed to miss his bed when he was away. I spent hours of research and no small amount of money over the years to find the perfect combination of mattress, linens and pillows for the perfect night’s sleep. Every guest that spends the night benefits from this obsession of mine. If you need a comfortable night’s sleep, Beaumont Ranch is the place.
*This number fluctuates according to season and event schedules.
Colleyville, TX
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the horrible reviews on trip advisor about the groupon experience other guests had, we were worried our get-a-way wouldn't be as we had hoped.

What a pleasant surprise! upon arrival, the signage issue had been addressed - no one should have a problem knowing where to check in...the aroma of real rose petals on the bed and floor and numerous candles were a wonderful welcome to our entrance into the Pullman Room...the chocolate covered strawberries with grapes and orange slices accompanied by a cold bottle of champagne added to to romantic atmosphere... the room decor was updated and nice and cool upon arrival, bed comfortable, shower hot with plenty of water pressure. The Old West Town with Chapel were nostalgic and charming.

The outdoor decor with seating for campfires were nice, clean, and appeared fairly new. The playground near where you eat is all new and they recently finished a new petting zoo area where the animals will be near the pond. The water is low due to lack of rain here in Texas, but still nice.

The BBQ dinner Saturday night was awful (salad bar and banana pudding was great but the potatoes, mac n cheese, and all meats were really bad) and the breakfast just ok (buffet had great fruit, a selection of cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns..you can order French toast, pancakes, omelets, and muffins off the menu instead with your breakfast voucher per the owners daughter..she was in there with her kids when we were).

The ATV adventure we went on with Devon was awesome! We had a blast!!! About 2 hours of adrenaline fun!

This was our 2nd time to Beaumont Ranch. We brought the kids the first time a couple years a go - overnight stay Friday night with the fish fry for dinner, skeet shooting, and the zip line for our activities - had a great time then as well as this weekend with just my husband.

Other than the food, everything was perfect! Clearly, the owners listen to feedback and address customers concerns. Give then a shot!! A great experience for couples, families, or groups!! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us a chance. Please come don't be a stranger.

I am sorry that you did not like the meats. I work really hard on the recipes and where we buy the meat. We do use a smoker. Sometimes the buffet can be hard on the meats. I will look into what the problem was that weekend. I went through a struggle with the head chef over the scalloped potatoes. We are back to using my recipe for the potatoes, which has always been a crowd pleaser. I am looking for a new chef de cuisine to address the problem with the food. I think that the problems that I see even reading the comments on Trip Advisor are indicative of a lack of consistency. We have the equipment. We have some quality staff, I think we need a quality leader in the kitchen. I simply can no longer do this myself. It is not fair to the wonderful people that are working here to have negative reviews when they work so hard and someone else messes up and leaves a bad impression. It is my job to fix it. I hope a new leader in the kitchen will do this.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grandview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Alvarado
Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Lake Whitney RV Campground
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park North Texas

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!