“Great for the money!”

Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed December 27, 2008

I actually enjoyed our stay here, My husband and I wanted to go to Six flags for our anniversary..
and didn't want to spend a lot.

but anyway..

Ike hitt and we were stuck in the room for 4 days an we had a blast, they had great movies to chose from, the room was very clean, tons of towels and the staff was friendly.
I'll admit there breakfast wasn't so appealing, the staff even warned us that some of the food was a no go.

we very much so enjoyed our stay and would again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30

Reviewed May 14, 2008

We just got back tonight from a 2 night stay at this La Quinta. We stayed here due to the fact it was close to the ballpark at arlington. We are huge seattle mariner fans and the mariners were playing the rangers. This hotel is really close to the ballpark at arlington (5-10 min drive). As the far as the hotel quality....

Our room looked clean. The bathroom looked like it needed to be mopped, as we found hairs on the floor that were not ours. The showers are extremely old and outdated. The bed was your typical motel style bed.

Bottom line: for 49 dollars a night, at this location I thought it was a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I stayed at this hotel on Wednesday, March 19th. We were planning to attend a performance of Riverdance at the Nokia Theatre and go to Six Flags the next day, so we just decided to stay the night in Grand Prairie. This location was very convenient to the Nokia Theatre, as well as Six Flags. (There is a LaQuinta closer to Six Flags - I'll have to try that one next time.) I booked the room with the hotel directly and rec'd a rate of $59, which I thought was fair. The hotel was easily located and check in was painless. The property is a little run down, but it's what I expected for a hotel in that part of town, ie, not a great part of town. The room was no frills, but clean. It had what we needed, but I was a little disappointed that there was no fridge. But a fridge was not really necessary, since we were only there from 10:30 at night until breakfast the next day.

The beds were fairly comfy, and there was very little noise, so we rested well. All was well until I got in the shower the next morning. For some reason, the liner of the tub (the plastic part you stand on) did not touch solid ground. It felt as if I were trying to stand up on an air mattress which was floating in water. I later realized that there was a leak and water was trapped under the liner, which is what caused that sensation. Other than this one problem, this hotel was fine for the money. I brought this problem to the attention of the desk clerk when I checked out, since it really could cause someone to fall and injure themselves if it was not fixed. She was very friendly and reduced our rate a bit, which I thought was fair.

We did not partake of the free breakfast, since we wanted something more substantial before our trip to Six Flags. However, from the lobby during checkout, I noticed it looked about like what you would expect of a free continental breakfast.

The friendliness of the staff was probably the best part about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2007

This hotel was great for the money. I booked on the hotel website and saved $20.00 per night. The rooms were clean and the a/c was on when we arrived. Check in took a little longer, but when you check in at midnight, that is expected. Seems this area of town might be a little on the rough side, but there was no problem at this hotel. Very close to resturants and Six Flags. Staff was not the friendliest when we asked for a late check out, but other than that...stay was fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I booked this hotel through the La Quinta website and got an extremely good deal on it. Good enough that I figured it was not going to be a great motel and that I could over look that. I was very impressed with how great the staff was, especially as I watched them handle other people around me. The room was clean and neat and I had a very nice stay. The breakfast in the morning was a very nice touch and checkout was quick and easy with no surprises. This is not the Hilton, but this is a nice motel run by nice people!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2006

We were in town to attend a concert at the Nokia Theatre so we wanted something close and convenient. This hotel definitely fit the bill. In fact, it is close to other major attractions such as Six Flags, the Rangers baseball park and the Wax Museum.
Our room was clean and comfortable. Room service always left us well stocked with towels, soaps, shampoos and coffee. The staff was always pleasant to deal with. The continental breakfast area was always fully stocked, clean, and had a good selection of items to select from, including juices, yogurt, waffles, cereals, fruits, breads, etc.
This was a good buy for the money; we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2006

The La Quinta at Grand Prairie Texas is a decent property and meets expectations for a budget Motel/Hotel. Check-in was quick and very smooth and the staff was always pleasant and accommodating. Special requests were given their full attention and fulfilled where possible in every case I observed while waiting my turn.
The room was standard for this class of motel. I was in a standard, non-smoking room with two full sized beds. Everything appeared clean, even though there was a large stain in the carpet at the foot of one of the beds. The stain appeared to be quite old and, as far as I could tell had been sanitized with attempted cleanings, but it appeared that only replacing the carpet would eliminate it. All the lights, the TV, the radio/alarm were in working condition and the room included a coffee maker, iron and hair dryer - none of which I used but looked to be in excellent condition.
The continental breakfast was well stocked with good choices - yogurt, two cereals, three juices, coffee, grapefruit halves, pop tarts, muffins, a variety of breads to toast and a waffle station for make your own waffles.
The only real complaints I might voice is the ice machine on my side of the building was not working and the waffle maker undercooked the waffles very slightly.
At the price and location (I was there to attend a concert at the Nokia Theater) it was an excellent deal.

• Stayed: March 2006
#6 of 22 in Grand Prairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
#10 of 22 in Grand Prairie

Been to Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30? Share your experiences!