“Terrible Customer Service - Look Elsewhere”

Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was in town for school and stayed here because of the price and LQ's promise of free WiFi. The room was clearly old and had been a smoking room at some point because it smelled bad; however, it was clean and I was willing to overlook these small details.

It soon became clear that the WiFi was not working in my room. I called the front desk and they connected me with tech support, who was unable to fix the issue after 30 minutes of trying. I needed WiFi for school, so I needed to fix this problem. I called LaQuinta and asked to move to a new hotel that was actually closer to my school. It was more expensive, but I was willing to pay the difference.

The problem came when the LQ "customer service" representative (Tiffany - supervisor at springfield location) told me that I was still going to be charged for the room at this hotel (I had been there about an hour), even though I was moving because of their broken WiFi. What?!?!?! The front desk was unwilling to work with me, and the representatives on the phone were unwilling to work with me. No matter how many times they explained it to me, essentially I was going to pay for two hotel rooms at two different locations even though it was LaQuinta's fault. I hadn't asked for a discount, free night, or any special treatment - all I asked for was to move my reservation that would be able to deliver what LaQuinta promises on their website.

This will be my last time to stay at a LaQuinta, all because I had the crazy notion that I should only have to pay for 1 room at a hotel with working WiFi. Poor form LQ.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Choose this hotel because of location and recommendation by friends on the brand ( not the location). If you can afford it go to the one near Six Flags, this place is a dump! the beds are nice and comfortable but that's about it. Towels are old and in need of replacement, and if you ask for
extras to the housekeeper not in charge of your room, you will not get it. Internet service didnt work and someone was supposed to come in and checked it out, never showed up. The pool was disgusting, no maintenance. The only good thing about it is the location, easy on and off two mayor highways. I am being as fair as I can, I would never recommend this specific location to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Loved the price of this hotel online. Pulled into the parking lot and not a safe neighborhood. Hotel was defiantly run down. Checked in then went to our room to find bugs all over the bathroom. Went back to front desk to tell them and left to stay at the Arlington Six Flags La Qunita in the next exit passed this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank biers2004
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Booked hotel online and got very good rate. Bathroom and dressing area is small, but beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. Was hesitant on booking this hotel based on the price, but we were traveling with other family members that didn't want to pay a lot for a hotel. Was pleasantly surprised that it was worth every dime spent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Galveston, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Proximity to attractions was great. Value / price was unbeatable. While the place is not new when you are in town for attractions and need a no hassle place to sleep this is it. Check in and out clerk was nice and all business. Staff was knowledgable and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lubbock, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had events in Arlington and Grand Praire and it was perfect location for both. Great stay at a great price. If you want to stay somewhere close to the ballpark and six flags it is great for that also. Not a 5 star place but if your gone all day like we were just needing a place to relax and rest your head at night this is it. I'll stay again in future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2013

For the price paid, I got my money's worth. However, I've stayed in nicer La Quintas elsewhere. Basic, no-frills rooms. Comfortable. It's an older location. I recommend staying here, but just note it's very basic.

• Stayed: April 2013
#10 of 22 in Grand Prairie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie North
Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands

Been to Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30? Share your experiences!