“It was the most horrifying experience yet”

Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
houston
“It was the most horrifying experience yet”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I made reservations for 3 non-smoking rooms and received confirmations in February 2011 to stay at this hotel during the last week of July 2011. Upon arrival, the hotel did not have the same confirmation numbers I had, did not have ANY rooms ready, and it was obvious no one was staying at the motel. I say motel because that's exactly what it is -- not a hotel -- it looks seedy, smelled like smoke upon entrance into the Lobby -- it's obvious that people smoke throughout the motel. There was an obvious AIDS patient talking and yelling on the phone when me and my guests walked in because she was discontent with the motel's services. This is a dump; and the web site does not adequately reflect the outside of the motel nor the inside. It's the most horrible experience we've encountered and we travel for business on a regular basis. Luckily, we found more pleasant sleeping arrangements at the hotels in Arlington -- 10 minutes away. I would not recommend anyone staying at this motel. It's in a seedy part of town with obvious seedy people living at and/or around this trashy area. If I had stayed here overnight, I would not have been able to sleep at all! And the manager never once came out to assist us, even though he was in an office right off the receptionist desk, to see why our rooms were not ready upon arrival. I would highly recommend to bypass this nasty motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Katy, TX
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel, even if it was the last hotel in TX. We came from Katy, Tx and got lost trying to find the hotel due to highway constructions. When we pulled in, I was in disbelief that it was the hotel we saw on the internet. It looked rundown, dirty, and unsafe. The room looked clean. However, people were making excessive noises during the night. We thought we were going to get robbed at anytime. My son couldn’t sleep all night due to people yelling. I couldn’t sleep because I was itching all night and it felt like the hotel was infected with bedbugs. The breakfast was not good. They were serving cold hard boiled eggs, waffles, muffins, milk, coffee and juice. Also, the free "WIFI" was not working! We were going to stay the entire weekend, but I checked out early Saturday morning and booked a reservation at La Quinta on Six Flags Blvd (that hotel was fantastic!). Please take my advice and do not book at La Quinta HWY 161. It is not a safe place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2011

It is in need of updating - you realize that when you get the old key punch room keys -but most of its issues are small, but there are enough that can add up. First of all, the ability to enter the hotel is difficult due to construction of the roads at the exits. You have to go past and turn around or take another detour but after a couple of times, you get it! The bathrooms and fixtures are older, molding under the caulking on the tub, toilet handle needs to be held, air condition clunks like chunks of ice are falling off, it leaks really bad as well. We learned not to use the bathroom towels to put on the soaked floor because the house keeping service skipped over us one day and we were without towels. The outlets spark when you plug anything into them and the electricity did turn off throughout the whole hotel when we were there. It came back on quickly but not the air conditioning right away. The pool was outside and needed cleaning, mostly leaves but there was plastic wrappers as well. They did have a net and we just cleaned it ourselves. There is no business center and the staff were not knowledgable as to where to find a place where we could print something. There was only 1 washer and 1 dryer - and about 11pm on the 3rd night we were finally able to use it.

Room Tip: Just be aware of what it does NOT offer
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mazotti
Springfield, OR
Reviewed June 21, 2011

It's a motel, not a hotel. It was clean enough, but not La Quinta clean. The front desk was super helpful when we checked in. Pool was "being inspected" the next morning, so not available. After traveling in the 100+ degree heat, this part wasn't cool. No discount offered either.
Continental breakfast had a lot to offer, but area wasn't family friendly (traveling with an infant) and the boiled eggs were at least a day old.
There's equal value in the area for places to stay- so skip this place.

Room Tip: There's better/equal value in the area
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tx
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Read all the reviews and most of them were quite bad except for one which said the rooms were nice.
Booked two rooms and was very pleased. The rooms were very clean, not big but not
too small. The bathrooms were quite small but the vanity was seperate form the tub and the seat so that made it a little roomier. The beds were comfortable.
Even though breakfast time was 7:00 AM on weekends and we were checking out at 7:00 AM we went down at 6:30 to see if the coffee was ready. Not only was the coffee ready they had muffins,fruits,yogurt and the waffle maker ready. Person at work told us we could help ourselves and we did.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mockN
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The hotel is in a side of town that I would not normally venture into. The first room we were put into, the air conditioning barely worked, the bathroom door was coming off the hinges, there were holes in the comforter on the bed. There was no mini fridge or microwave in the rooms I asked to be moved to a different room. Which was worse than the first. The carpet was so stained and it was patched in spots with carpet that didn't match. There was mold in the shower and the light fixture was coming away from the ceiling. We were refunded our money for our nights stay and we spent a little more money to stay at a much better LaQuinta closer to six flags.

And the "bright side" breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins and yogurt, cold boiled eggs. the only warm item was toast or make it yourself waffles. the dining room had about 3 tables.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My trip was due to a death in my family, the room and the staff, and my overall experience was wonderful. The front desk was the most helpful, I needed to send a fax to GA to obtain documentation from the court house dating back to 1934, they were very helpful in sending it and calling me when the response came. I would recommend this chain of Hotels to anyone looking for the comforts of a small setting to the efficiency of a large hotel. Great Stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
La Quinta Inn & Suites Arlington North 6 Flags Dr
Blue Cypress Hotel
Blue Cypress Hotel
#14 of 62 in Arlington

Been to Motel 6 Grand Prairie - Interstate 30? Share your experiences!