“Nice, clean hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed February 6, 2010

This hotel was the same as most other Hampton Inn's I have stayed at. The hotel is a little older, but is in good condition. The room and bedding were comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast area was very clean and there was a large selection, including waffles.
This hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport and is in a convenient location to restaurants.
The fitness center was very small with only 3 cardio machines.
All-in-all, the room was a good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MsMorgan

Reviewed January 19, 2010

On a last minute decision to travel to Texas for 3 days of family events, I booked the Hampton Inn as is was close to my cousin's home. A great choice. It was clean! (The room was a little smaller) . That was all I was looking for on this trip. I got much more! Another cousin booked a room for one night of my stay. We asked for connecting rooms. After the first night the front desk called to say that for us to have connecting rooms they would move me. Which they did. They gave us water, Frito, Cheetos, Doritos. And -some amenities that I had forgotten to pack. There is a breakfast each morning But if you are set on having something else like a 3 egg omelet there is IHOP on the property.They have a van to gather you to and from the airport...and anywhere for a 5 mile radius. (Also, if you are staying here and have cowboy game tickets the van will take you to the game and pick you up! Bonus!)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank GloriaMunday
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We arrived at the hotel on New Year Eve. I booked the room in October. I requested a room far away from the elevator. Our room was one room away from the elevator. We went to the desk to see about being moved. Being that the hotel was full there were no more rooms available with King size beds.
We kept the room for the first night and we were quickly moved the following morning.
The hotel provides a continential breakfast each morning which is a nice added touch.
The hotel offers a FREE shuttle to the Cowboys staduim,. We signed up and we were driven to the stadium on game day and dropped off right across at the Walmart.
Getting back to the hotel after the game was another story.
We waited for the shuttle for quite awhile. There were three shuttles and about 120 people trying to get back to the hotel. Because it was so cold we ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel. The taxi cost us only $8.00. well worth the cost.
I would return this to this hotel in a minute. Its in a great location and the staff was very helpful at all times.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jackmuk7
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We recently checked-out of room 415 from the Hampton Inn in Grand Prairie. We originally had reservations at the Hampton DFW Airport South but they did not provide service to Cowboys Stadium even they said on the phone they would (BEWARE! The driver is a LAZY BUTT at the Hampton DFW, he was sleeping at just didnt want to drive) We are Hilton Silver V.I.P. members and have stayed at better Hamptons. THis property is dated but still clean and comfortable. The service is wonderful, Beau and the evening desk clerk was there to catch everyone's needs and to make sure they are satisfied. For $74 a night, I feel it was definitely a reasonable price for this hotel and may stay again. If I was in Arlington, I would look for closer, other Hilton Family hotels first but, if this was all that is available, I would select the hotel.

AustinBeach

P.S. We left items at the hotel and they quickly shipped the items to us safely and at a reasonable price with U.P.S. so kudos to Adam for that also, the hotel has a free shuttle to Cowboys Stadium (saves $55)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AustinBeach001
Reviewed November 7, 2009

This hotel is a little dated. This was my first stay and I must say that the property is in need of renovations. The a/c did not cool the room at all. The room and bathroom was very clean. The furniture was dated and the TV's color was not good at all. I stayed at the property based on a recommendation of a colleague. Although, the rate was only $69 (+ tax), I will not stay at this property again.

The Fitness Center consists of 2 or 3 pcs of equipment in a very small room.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2009

From a multi year Diamond VIP. I have stayed at this hotel occasionally for ~20 years. The facility is old, the rooms are smaller, the furniture dated. However, it is clean, quiet, the bed is comfortable, and the staff go out of their way to welcome you. The room rate is routinely the lowest among Hilton properties by a significant amount.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank 2millionandcounting
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Yes it's past it's prime. Yes there are newer fancier options there. But they pick you up at the airport when they tell you, in a van with chilled water and snacks. Ricky the driver will give you a great narrative. They have popcorn out in the lobby. They take you to a restaurant if you like. The breakfast is out, the coffee is hot, and the staff really tries hard. Shameeka will smile behind the desk and help with anything you need. On an overnight connection through Dallas I could not have asked for more. This effort deserves a renovated property.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington
#10 of 62 in Arlington
Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!