“Hampton Inns generally good, but skip this one”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Ashland, NE
“Hampton Inns generally good, but skip this one”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Friendly staff, easy parking here, like all Hampton Inns, and the IHop next door was good. The room really let me down - their noisy HVAC unit kept me away. The "down" comforter was lumpy -- like it had been washed and then not fluffed properly. The low quality bathroom amenities made washing my hair a challenge, and the shower gave me fits both with the shower curtain not holding the water in, and then in creating the right mix of hot/cold for a comfortable shower.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rosemary O, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with your guest room have been addressed. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

We are currently under renovations and we hope that you give us a second try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My stay at this Hampton Inn was great. I have spent time all across the country in them. My choice Hotel for sure. I would highly recommned this Hotel to all my friends or anyone coming into the DFW areaI truly love the Hampton Inn's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Cape Cod
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here as a stop off for one night. I was literally here only 12hrs. but got work done on-line , had a shower, good night sleep and a full hot breakfast with free shuttle service from and to DFW. The Service was very friendly and helpful! Doesn't get better than that!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Chicago, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

A poor facility that needs some renovation. No fruits after hours. Excercise facility run down.Room had two bugs. Check with the Hotel staff. Breakfast staff and front desk very good. Room needs some work.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lourdes Y, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Sales K,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that your guest room was substandard. I would like to let you know that we really appreciate you coming back and giving us another chance , so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Best Regards,
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a nice hotel at a moderate price in a good location. It was quiet, comfortable and clean. They offer free internet, or a faster speed if you'd like to pay more. Login was quick and easy, too. The rest is to meet the minimum 200 character requirement. Why waste my time with that TripAdvisor when I can say this is a good hotel to stay at in fewer characters? Is more better?

Carson, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A very professional personable hotel setting! Perfectly located near freeway and plenty of local eateries. Very easy access to where you need to be. Very clean and always smelled fresh. The rooms were very comfortable and relaxing nice and quiet producing a peaceful sleep.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff at this location is top notch. They are very courteous and attentive. The hotel could however stand some updates and a refresh. It is a very dated and overused looking location. Also, the hotel is difficult to get into; if you are coming from the Irving area, you have to pass the hotel and turn around because it's entrance is on a one-way street. The breakfast was lackluster at best but the area was clean and maintained. I went down pretty close to the end of breakfast and everything was stocked. While I was there, the breakfast area was freezing because it's right by the entrance so the doors are constantly opening and closing. The business center has 1 computer, 1 desk, and 1 printer. I had to come back 3 times before being able to print out my airline ticket but once I was able to use it, everything worked quickly and seamlessly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business