“Stay for Ranger MLB game”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very pleasant experience! Staff was helpful, room was clean. There was a little peeling paint in the bathroom but very clean. We stayed one night to attend a Rangers ballgame and most of the motels in the area were booked weeks in advance because of college football on this same weekend. We usually stay closer to the ballpark but chose this as the closet available location and were pleasantly surprised. It is only a short drive and the staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The shuttle to and from the airport very well managed. Room was very clean and comfortable despite late night arrival. Free breakfast was more than adequate will stay there again. I_Hop across parking lot

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When I walked in and it smelled I had a feeling this was going to be bad. But I decided to give it a chance went to check in and the lady couldn't get my room keys to work, finally she was able to get it right. Went into my room and it was very old looking and smelled. So I went to the front desk and told her I wanted my money back I was not staying, she never said I was sorry or anything. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a great hotel with a really helpful staff. The price is really good for such a qaulity brand name. I have stayed here several times on business and find it convenient for my work. On my most recent visit the manager drove to down to a rent car location so that I could pick up my car. The shuttle service to and from the airport is quick and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a convention for only 1 night. Even though there were many people there, including a lot of children, the room was very quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. It is an older Hampton but great for price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family stayed one Saturday night here recently.. The rate was a lot less than other Hampton Inns in the area. It is an older property and it shows in overall condition and appearance of interior and exterior. One reason we chose Hampton Inn is because there is usually a refrigerator in the room. However, when we arrived in our room, there was no refrigerator. So, we called the front desk to ask to be moved t a room with a refrigerator. We were told that a refrigerator would be delivered to our room in 10-15 minutes. 30 minutes later, we called the front desk again about the refrigerator. Soon, a female housekeeper CARRIED the 3 ft. fridge into the room by HERSELF (what, no dollies? No maintenance person to do this?!). The toilet did not flush well since our check in at noon so, at 11 pm, we requested to move to another room which was immediately accommodated. This time, the refrigerator was transferred to the room on a dolly.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a refrigerator already in it. Ask that the carpet be cleaned before ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was far from luxury but the staff was top notch and the rooms were very comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean, little workout area, big outdoor pool and great breakfast. The breakfast for continental style was great each morning. The staff was awesome. Each time we needed to get a cab they had it there for the time we needed and a fair price. Plus with your stay you recieve 20% off at IHOP which is in the same parking. We were only 5 minutes from ranger, cowboy stadium as well as six flags and hurrican harbor. In addition the stock yards are only about 20 minutes from hotel. For the price the location and hospitality of the staff was priceless.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington
#10 of 62 in Arlington
Sleep Inn Arlington Near Six Flags

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!