“Sept 2, 2013”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When I walked in and it smelled I had a feeling this was going to be bad. But I decided to give it a chance went to check in and the lady couldn't get my room keys to work, finally she was able to get it right. Went into my room and it was very old looking and smelled. So I went to the front desk and told her I wanted my money back I was not staying, she never said I was sorry or anything. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a great hotel with a really helpful staff. The price is really good for such a qaulity brand name. I have stayed here several times on business and find it convenient for my work. On my most recent visit the manager drove to down to a rent car location so that I could pick up my car. The shuttle service to and from the airport is quick and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a convention for only 1 night. Even though there were many people there, including a lot of children, the room was very quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. It is an older Hampton but great for price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family stayed one Saturday night here recently.. The rate was a lot less than other Hampton Inns in the area. It is an older property and it shows in overall condition and appearance of interior and exterior. One reason we chose Hampton Inn is because there is usually a refrigerator in the room. However, when we arrived in our room, there was no refrigerator. So, we called the front desk to ask to be moved t a room with a refrigerator. We were told that a refrigerator would be delivered to our room in 10-15 minutes. 30 minutes later, we called the front desk again about the refrigerator. Soon, a female housekeeper CARRIED the 3 ft. fridge into the room by HERSELF (what, no dollies? No maintenance person to do this?!). The toilet did not flush well since our check in at noon so, at 11 pm, we requested to move to another room which was immediately accommodated. This time, the refrigerator was transferred to the room on a dolly.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a refrigerator already in it. Ask that the carpet be cleaned before ar...
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was far from luxury but the staff was top notch and the rooms were very comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean, little workout area, big outdoor pool and great breakfast. The breakfast for continental style was great each morning. The staff was awesome. Each time we needed to get a cab they had it there for the time we needed and a fair price. Plus with your stay you recieve 20% off at IHOP which is in the same parking. We were only 5 minutes from ranger, cowboy stadium as well as six flags and hurrican harbor. In addition the stock yards are only about 20 minutes from hotel. For the price the location and hospitality of the staff was priceless.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our room was a bit worn, but overall I thought we got a great place to stay at a good price. Very clean and the staff was as nice as any $200/night hotel I have stayed in. Really, the only thing a bit outdated was the air conditioner which was a bit loud, and the carpet had a couple of slightly worn areas. We had 2 connecting rooms and the staff was great to work to arrange that.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We always enjoy the Hampton--our first choice away from home. However, this Hampton room did not have a refrigerator and the AC unit was so loud we could not watch TV. Otherwise, our stay was enjoyable. We spent very little time in our room, so we did not report the problems.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Prairie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Arlington North 6 Flags Dr
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 23 in Grand Prairie

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!