“Good stay”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Ponoka
“Good stay”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Rooms were clean and bathroom was clean. Comfortable bed, breakfast was good, same as all the other holiday inns. Had water bottles in room each day. I would stay here again, no real complaints. Internet was fast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Will577
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our amenity and services. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arkansas
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very nice hotel next to multiple restaurants within walking distance (exp. Chili's, Golden Coral, fast foods). Starbucks was across the street along with Wal Mart and small strip mall of stores.
Hotel was very clean, nice staff and good breakfast.

Room Tip: King leisure was spacious. I had 2nd floor and around corner of elevator but no distractions notice...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SRN
Thank you for your Kind words. We sincerely appreciate your business, and hope to see you again in near future.
Austin, TX
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was as expected: very clean and comfortable, although the A/C was loud. Parking lot was convenient. Exercise facilities are substandard. Breakfast room is relatively cramped, but selection was decent (except for coffee - which was terrible). The lobby's decor makes it look cluttered.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank justicelive
We appreciate you taking your valuable time to let us know about our facility and services that you experience with you recent stay with us. We value and try to implement our guest recommendation to the best of our ability. Thank you for your business.
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there for the Alabama vs Michigam football game at Cowboy's stadium. We were so pleased with our stay from the moment we walked in the door. The rooms were very clean and the large flat screen TV with a very large choice on cable. Our morning breakfast in the lobby was over the top and maintained by a very friendly and polite employee.
You are in walking distance of some great resturants, IHOP next door and a resturant named Cheddar's that we fell in love with next to it. There is also a shopping center which filled all of our needs while there. I would not hesitate to stay there on my next visit to the Dallas area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry H
Peter D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
I am glad that you like our location and the convince around along with our people. We feel pride when our guest recognizes our extra effort. I have shared your comments with each team member, and hope to see you again soon!
san antonio, tx
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice hotel but management will overcharge for any damages done and will not provide a receipt even when requested numerous times or respond to any other concerns that have submitted in writing. I accidentally spilled some nail polish on the carpet and notifed the front desk immediately on a Friday evening. I also spoke to the Manager LaWanda first thing Saturday morning. I was up front with them and was more than willing to pay for the damages (assuming they were reasonable). I was not notified until about an hour after we had checked out on a Sunday afternoon on our way home that management was charging my credit card $500 and would then credit me the difference once they knew exactly how much the charges were. I was not given any other option of payment even though I had tried to take care of this since Friday. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and luckily we did not have any kind of medical emergency or car trouble on our way back home as this ended up tying up any kind of emergency funds we had left on that credit card. They did end up crediting me $250 several days later but have ignored my numerous requests for a copy of the invoice from the carpet company showing the cost of the repairs. Several quotes I received from other carpet companies in my hometown were much cheaper. I sent 2 separate emails to the General Manager Peter Dasai and my last email was also ignored. Got an extremely rude customer service rep when calling the corporate office and they failed to resolve my request and referred me back to the hotel itself. Will not be using the Holiday Inn hotel chain in the future since the Corporate office does not even hold the individual hotels accountable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank animalhOuse3_12
I am sorry that you felt that we have overcharged you for the damages that occur to the room during your stay, and I am sorry that you don’t agree with the cost of our vendor. We required our vendor to be professional, insured, and stand behind their workmanship for 2 years, so our feature guest does not experience the inconvenient of the repair. Also, pricing of vendor can vary from one area to other, but we have trust in the vendor that we use since we have been working with them for many years. I hope one day you will understand the process and give us another change for your lodging needs in our area.
Houston
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I really liked the location since my trip was dual purpose; business in Dallas and recreation in Arlington. My family met me here since I had a couple days travel and we went to Six Flags during the day. We always get excited about eating at Cheddars so it was nice that the restaurant was perched near the hotel. The hotel was clean and well maintained. I did not care for the location of the pool, but we didn't use the pool. The free breakfast was great especially the hot cinnamon rolls. This is a nice hotel for

Room Tip: We had two rooms across from each other. Both were nice and everyone slept well.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adam W
Thank you for your business and we are glad to hear that you were able to enjoyed the family along with business.
APACHE JUNCTION
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We made these reservations back in April when we arrived 5/19/12 with the group Run for the Wall, we were very pleased with the hotel and our room. The front desk personel was friendly and well trained, got us thru the checking in fast and smooth. I don't know what the regular rate was but we got a military rate :) We have stayed at several Holiday Inns and they have all been awesome. I would recomend this one in TX. a big #10 and all of the others across the USA.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeborahO228
Thank you for your kind words and your effort to recommend our hotel to others. We are delighted that you have enjoyed our true hospitality. I have shared your comments with each team member.