See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 19, 2014

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2014 via mobile

Husband was traveling through with our semi truck and trailer, i called ahead to ensure there was grjck parking Nd even specified 3 times the size of truck and trailer coming in, she assured me there was parking. After a long journey he arrived to find there was no truck parking :( luckily the hubby is trucking master and was able to get it handled. As for the rest, the room was zuitable for his needs,sleep and shower. They did have breakfast but he didnt eat it.

The picture of the front hotel on here...first she wanted him to drive under that to a back parking area, then she asked if it would fit in that slab of concrete u see in same pic in the front by the door. Lol silly girl she was!

Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2014

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2014

This is a fairly nice hotel for the price, but I have 3 issues that seem to be related to management attempting to cut corners to increase their profits:

1) the security lock was broken. It is of course illegal to rent a room with a broken lock (Texas boarding code 2155.052 section 2), but this room was rented out anyways. I was so exhausted by the time I got my room that I didn't have the energy to go through the process of moving rooms, so I put the chair against the door to sleep. This shouldn't be a requirement to get a secure night's sleep, though. The door should have been fixed (20 minutes worth of work with a screwdriver), or the room shouldn't have been rented.

2) The towels were dingy and had stains on them. I suspect that management isn't using enough detergent/bleach, and is keeping the towels past their expected service life to save a buck or two.

3) the $1.50 safe deposit fee. I don't understand why there is a charge for this, and why it is only refunded if the guest asks for it at the end of their stay. I've never encountered a hotel that does this, and it seems kind of shady to me.

Other than that, I was happy with my stay. The air conditioning blew cold (very important for me), the bed was comfortable, and the room was fairly clean. I liked the waffle maker for the continental breakfast, but the selections otherwise were fairly meager.

One event that I noted was that another individual was in the lobby while I was eating breakfast, complaining that his shower was broken, and water was backed up in the tub to about 12 inches. He wanted to check out, but the front desk clerk refused to give him a refund. I would like to stay at this Howard Johnson's again, but if the quality continues to fall, I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2014

Was going to stay two nights but checked out after the first night due to the place being an unkept dump. The bathroom door would not stay closed, the refrigerator was packed with ice from the freezer and kept coming open, the air barely worked, the bath tub would not drain so one of my party could not shower, there was a wad of chewed gum on the bath tub and to top it off the lady behind the counter had NO customer service skills and did not receive our concerns well. Them to top it off she made a huge seem when we tried to carry our complimentary breakfast back to our room. No manager on the business cards. We stay all over the US in Wyndam hotels and this was the worst . It needs to be rated 0 not 1. My advice DON'T stay.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple