“We LOVE Loyd Park”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We LOVE Loyd Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live in Arlington so Loyd Park is only 15 minutes from us. We love to get away on the weekends. Perfect place to do so and lots to do!!!!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Lauren D

Grand Prairie, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Camping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked campsite online and stayed labor day weekend. It was lots of fun for both young and old. Plenty to do.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marcela H
Coppell, Texas
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“great place to beat the heat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We got great deals on groupon to rent all day kayak and canoe. My kids loved it. We went on a Tuesday so it was not crowded. We paddled down the trail but after 20 min of paddling in several parts of stagnant water (many submerged tree trunks, some trash) we came out of the trail and just paddled around the lake. The park is very well mantained. The water at the lake is very clean. The playground is new with "fast, dangerous" spinning areas that my boys loved. We brought a casting net and caught minnows and several bigger fish. We spent 8 hrs there. Whenever we got hot, we would get in the water and cool off.

Visited July 2013
DFW , TX
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful park! Lots to do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I feel so lucky to literally have this park in my backyard! They have an awesome 4 lane boat ramp. A fishing area on shore. Beach. A giant playground for kids. Beautiful hiking trails and even horseback riding trails. Its also dog friendly!Until this year when we bought our RV we had not seen many other parks so didn't have much to compare Loyd park to, now that we do I will say its hard to find parks as nice! They have cabins for rent and tons of private campsites or RV sites speckled through the woods, many even on the water (reserve early for prime spots). Joe Pool Lake is also a very nice lake, with a restaurant, party cove, and plenty of good fishing I have heard. If my house was not less than a mile away I could see staying and camping at Loyd Park for even close to a week and having plenty do do!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MissElizabeth8-D
Arlington, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I have always love this Park.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am really bothered by the review of MR DAVE B FROM HOUSTON (stay at home) by the remark he made on his visit to the park. Where does he get off putting everyone who has a tattoo into on catagory. That is totally wrong on your part, are you some old fart who doesn't like how people show there own personality. I have several tattoos and I'm a CHRISTIAN, what do you think of that, I don't believe GOD puts me into a catagory, he loves me for who I am? The only other thing I need to say to you is stay in Houston where the total weirdos live and let us enjoy our lovely park.

Visited November 2012