“Great Place to Stay”

Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This place was a refreshing hotel to stay in after leaving a poor hotel. The staff were friendly and seemed happy with working at the hotel. The modern and spacious hotel room made staying there a true vacation. The outdoor pool was good. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good. My favorite part of breakfast was the delicious Starbucks coffee. We choose this hotel as it was close to the Texas Rangers field.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for about 7 weeks for business during April and May 2008. My corporate rate and proximity to work could not be better. I don't know if this property was built as a Hyatt or it was renovated but, either way, everything seemed new. The rooms are awesome! They have some of the most comfortable beds for this level of hotel. The only minor drawback is you sleep with either a sheet or a rather thick comforter covering you. I was either sweating or freezing. A lighter blanket should be available during this time of year. The 42" flatscreen TV was very nice and they have a good selection of HD channels. The WiFi network was slow but the signal was good in every room I had and it was free. Make sure to check the noise of the A/C units. One of mine was very noisy when the compressor turned on. I complained to the front desk and the only thing I could tell was done was my clock radio was tuned to a Latino station. That did not solve the compressor noise problem. Other rooms I had were fine. Also, during my last stay, both elevators were having problems and forced me to climb the stairs to my 6th floor room. This happened 2 days out of the 5 that I was there that week but had not happened during my previous stays so perhaps it was an anomaly. This property is very convenient to Six Flags and the Texas Rangers stadium and they offer a shuttle to both places which is awesome! The biggest negative I experienced was the continental breakfast. Most hotels in this price range offer more and better selections and service. If you arrive after 7:30AM, most selections were running low or were gone completely. On several days, dishes were piled up at the return place, I don't know if staffing is an issue or they aren't motivated, but it was a problem during the 7 weeks I stayed there. They also have some sandwiches, salads, desserts and drinks for sale in the lobby area but they're not very good and expensive. I paid $6 for a stale ham and cheese sandwich and a bag of chips. This hotel is a good choice for business if you need a nice place to sleep and the basics.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2008

This was my very first time to stay at a Hyatt Place, so I'm sure they are all the same. But the one thing that seemed to differentiate this hotel from other hotels was the hotel staff. They were very, very, very friendly and helpful.

The shuttle was very nice - it was pretty new and had a television set with headphones so guests could watch the tube on the way to the hotel. Though the shuttle was complimentary, we waited a long time for the guy to pick us up, even after calling the hotel once we landed at DFW.

The hotel itself looked modern. The layout was very friendly - the employees could mingle with the guests. My room wasn't cleaned, so they got me another room right away. The room itself is comfortable. There is a HUGE flat-panel television in the room that can swivel to either the bedroom or the sitting area. And you could hook up any type of electronic component to this thing. It was really nice! The bed was a bit uncomfortable for my liking, but it was a quiet night's sleep. The shower was rather strange because you had to step over the toilet to get into the shower. But once you're in, the temperature and the pressure are great!

We took part in the free continental breakfast, and it was filling. We also had lunch there later on that day, and the sandwiches and cookies were pretty tasty. There is also a place in the eating area where you can order hot meals, and they were priced pretty well.

The bar was actually pretty fun! We had a big group of people, so they extended happy hour for us. What customer service! While we were drinking, they were making cookies at the bar, and the cookies looked really good! The only thing that is served at the bar is beer and wine, so don't get too fancy.

Overall, I had a great time at the hotel. The hotel is actually located in North Grand Prairie, off of 360 North at Brown (if you're familiar with the area). It's not too far from Six Flags Over Texas and the Ballpark at Arlington (and the new football stadium).

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BoysInNY
Reviewed April 1, 2008

The hotel is very nice. Recently redecorated in a kind-of art deco/modern theme.

The room was nice. Very modern all around.

Breakfast is odd- It is not clear what is free and what cost money.

Down-side: Their airport (DFW) shuttle quits running somewhere around 9pm. I had to take a taxi when I arrived around 11pm. Then the taxi driver could not find the entrance. I ended up hiking through a couple of parking lots and through a hedge.

Hyatt claims hotel is conservation oriented. But then they installed the deluge-type shower heads, and faucets that do not seem to conserve water. Oh those marketeers.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank EM57_Traveler
Reviewed October 24, 2007

This hotel is a dump! Granted it is being remodeled, but it was very dirty. The elevators were slow. I had to try 3 different floors to find an ice maker that worked. The staff working at the check in desk was helping a customer on the phone before helping us. Lastly, the only reason I stayed at this hotel was because it was one of the few in the area that had a fitness room. In the lobby there was a sign that said fitness room this way...I went that way and no fitness room! They didn't even post a sign saying that it was under construction.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We were extremely disappointed in this property. Here are some things that were troubling to our family and impacted our stay. The TV speakers were broken. The 1st room had a foul odor and the odor in the 2nd room we moved to(at 9:30 pm) was not any better. None of the ice machines were working in the building on any floors. Our room was dirty in the kitchenette area (microwave) the linens were not changed from the last tenants. There were crumbs in the beds. There was urine on the floor in the bathroom. The complimentary paper plates in our room had been previously used. There was no cold water in the sink or the shower. There were no sheets for the pullout bed. However, there was an extra blanket and pillow for the pullout bed though. When we tried to call the front desk for assistance over the two days, no one ever answered the phone. In all, we tried to find positive things about the location and really came up empty handed. I know we were not alone in our feelings because we heard other guests complaining in the lobby.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 21, 2007

This was an absolutely terrible stay for us. The room decor was about the only thing that was even close to adequate.

No ice in the entire hotel. Vending machines did NOT work on every floor. Had to check every floor to try and get a cold soda especially since there was no ice.

No sheets for the fold out bed. Had to call front desk. She would get them up there as soon as she could. Umm.....she was playing solitare when we checked for our reservations at 11:00 PM .

She finally brought up the sheets. I made the bed myself.

We finally got to sleep around 1:00 AM. All was okay...we thought. We got an unordered wake up call at 6:00 AM...WTH??? I was extremely upset especially after 5 hours of sleep.

The breakfast was TERRIBLE. The eggs were so watery you had a puddle on your plate. The sausage looked and tasted like rubber. I was NOT impressed.

Then we literally broke out in a sweat waiting to get on the elevator. The performance of the elevator was already questionable and then to be so hot you have sweat running off of you just waiting to get on the hunk of junk.

NEVER again will I stay at Amerisuites because of this experience. I recommend anyone and everyone to go elsewhere for a more pleasant experience.

Stayed: July 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Prairie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie North
Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20
Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Grand Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Arlington DFW South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!