“Hope they clean up their act.”

Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Portland, Oregon
“Hope they clean up their act.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before without problems, but this time that wasn't the case. My reservations got mixed up, glad I had it printed out. Then after the 1st night while in Dallas I got a call asking why my belongings were still in the room...because I booked for 4 nights!! The caller was disrespectful and had an attitude. It was a busy weekend for the hotel because of 2 football games and the event I was there for. They should have planned accordingly. Breakfast was out of many items and silverware...and coffee!!
Hope they can get their act together because this is a good location and the rooms are nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like your stay with us was a frustrating one and I am sorry for that. We have made some changes in regards to how we staff during the busy football season. I do hope that you will give us another chance. Thanks again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This little gem is located off Hwy 360 near I30 in Grand Prairie, TX. The property is well maintained, well lit, had a nice lobby and friendly staff. We stayed for one night while scouting out a future venue for a concert we will be attending. It was easy to find for a first timer in the area and our room was spacious, comfortable and included nice amenities like a small refrigerator, separate living room area and more.

Room Tip: While they don't have room service in the fullest sense, there is a room menu that allows you to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Angie H, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that our hotel was a good fit for you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Grand Prairie.
Saint Charles, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I checked in for a prepaid three night stay. I went to my room and found a filthy carpet and when I pulled back the sheets there was a red stain on the sheets. I was moved to a 'better' room. That room had stained carpet, a bad odor, hair in the drawers and burnt out light bulbs. Even though I prepaid for three nights I left the hotel and moved to a different hotel. Do not waste your money.

Room Tip: Book the Hyatt in Arlington on Road to Six Flags. It's clean and beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

this hotel give the appearance of being fancy however when intern our room I noticed right off the bat that the floor was soaked by the bathroom yet the shower had not been used it was kind of gross we were wondering where the water came from my daughter found a pair of tweezers in the room that were noticeable they were out in the open is the cleaning staff was doing their job they would have noticed this and last but not least they provide a couch with a fold out bed however do not keep enough linens on hand to meet the demands of their customers kinda ridiculous if you asked me

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed from June 30 - July 5 and had a great stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There were 3 that went above and beyond (Channing H, Chris C and Stephanus R). Thanks for making us all feel like we were important.
The hotel was very clean and at times they were booked completely. Several little league baseball teams were there and sometimes the staff was overwhelmed, but even our smallest needs were always met.
The shuttle service to Six Flags was great, Glad we didn't have to pay for parking there. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Perry918
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel was fair. The room was fine, although small. The bathroom was set up in a very strange way and was very cramped. It was awkward. Air conditioner was noisy. Elevators extremely slow. Staff was friendly. Bed was comfortable.
The worst part was breakfast. The selection was not good and the temperature of everything but the drinks was not great. Worst cereal selection I think I have ever seen at a hotel (Corn flakes, plain Cheerios, plain Total, everything completely bland).
The location is relatively convenient, but there are many other convenient hotels in this same area that I would much rather stay in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have actually updated our breakfast selection since you last stayed with us. I do hope you give us another chance and will choose to stay with us on your next trip to Grand Prairie. Thanks again for your feedback.
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've like the Hyatt Place chain in general- and this one is provided a comfortable stay. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The room/hotel was quiet during my Friday night stay. I ordered room service and the tortilla soup and latte were very good- I would order from gallery menu again.
The hotel staff was friendly upon check-in, although my telephone conversation with a hotel staff person before checking in was unpleasant.
The breakfast was below average, the hot food was lukewarm to cold but I would still stay at this hotel again for the room and pricepoint.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will be talking to our food and beverage staff regarding your comments to ensure that the food quality and temperature are always above our high standards. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Prairie
Hilton Arlington
#1 of 62 in Arlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie North
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!