“very comfortable”

Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This property is clean, comfortable, and convenient to Dallas without being too far away. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed for a week at the Hyatt because of work and this was by far one of the best stays ive had at a hotel. the rooms are very beautiful, its more like a mini apartment then hotel room - its very spaceace, except for the bathrooms they are a bit small but its not that big of a deal. the hotel was overall very clean. the staff was very nice. i only ate at the hotel one night and the food was good but since i was in texas for the first time i preferred to eat out. they did provide breafast which i also did not eat because i was always running short on time, but i did see many people eatting. one of the best things about the hotel was that they provided a shuttle service anywhere within a 5miles distance from the hotel and it ran up until 10pm this was a great service which veryone from my company took full use of- beats paying out of pocket for a taxi. Also the staff was very friendly and helpful - also the pool clsoes at 10 but they would let us stay until about midnight since we were just hanging out not making noise. over all i really enjoyed the hotel only complains is bathroom a little small and gym could be better.

Room Tip: ask for a hotel with two beds instead of one - room is a little biggar and it gives you more closet...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Hyatt never skimps on the customer service. They are always pretty excellent. We were also here for the Rangers Detroit game. We made use of the free shuttle service to the stadium which was GREAT. Unfortunately the game ran over and the shuttle service stopped at 11pm so we couldn't catch it back. The rooms were very clean, they always are. Typical of all Hyatt Place's, same layout etc etc. Carpet was pulled up in areas and there was a weird bulge in the floor my fiance kept tripping over but other than that everything was pretty good. I love how quiet these hotels always are. The hotel isn't within walking distance of anything but the shuttle made it worth it. Convenient to the highway. Check in and out was very swift.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were in town to see our team play the Rangers and we left disturbed that we got beat up pretty good. However I have to say that all folks we met in the area were very welcoming to us being the opponents fans as we are pretty vocal. At the this Hyatt we stayed at they went above and beyond in ensuring that we were comfortable and gave us a pretty good education on the area as to where to go and see for the short time we were there- " very personable". We did not spend much time in the rooms, however it was very obvious that they put extra emphasis on cleanliness here. Thank You

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BoxerOT
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The employees at Hyatt Place began to win us over via the telephone weeks before the trip. That was one reason why we chose their hotel over others in the area. They were so helpful and respectful from the beginning. They answered all our questions and gave us a lot of additional information. Thank you Chris in particular! This trip was business and I made all the arrangements for my husband with their help including shuttles from/to airport and assistance were his conference was. The entire staff was incredible!! The place was super clean and the price was well within the budget. The rooms were super clean and comfortable. The email reminder of the reservation, added note of welcome upon entering the room, and another email after check out with a thank you and best wishes on his continued travel was thoughtful and appreciated. I don't think that they could have done much more to make him feel more welcome. I would recommend ten-fold to anyone!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with an upscale feel to the lobby and the room. The room was more like a suite, with a large sectional sofa, ottoman, table/desk, and a bar with a mini-fridge. A room divider wall separated the bed from the rest of the room. A large flat-screen tv on a swing-arm was visible from both areas or could be turned toward either side.

The bathroom and sink had an upscale feel as well, although the bathroom was tiny. The door swings within 6 inches of the toilet, and comes within a couple inches of the shower stall, leaving you no way to close the door unless you straddle the toilet. The shower stall is oddly configured, so that you have to squeeze through an 11-inch wide space between the fixed glass and the toilet bowl. Even the skinniest person would brush their butt against the glass while trying to get in there. Getting into the shower isn't too bad, but getting out with wet feet made me feel like I was going to slip.

The room was extremely quiet (with respect to outside noise getting in), and the a/c fan runs continuously (which I consider a good thing because I like sleeping with white noise). The bed was extremely comfortable. I had a great in-room wi-fi connection. The odd design features notwithstanding, I was completely happy with the room, the hotel and the price, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love the Hyatt Place concept, and this one meets the markers of the chain: friendly staff, big rooms, easy-to-order light meals, bar, etc. However THIS particular property faces some challenges that management has not quite learned how to meet. First, know that at least in the summer, this is FAMILY VACATION (Six Flags and Rangers) central because of near proximity to Arlington attractions. That means a packed hotel, beer cans poolside, kids running up and down the elevators, water in the floor in the lobby, etc. WHEW. The staff has trouble keeping things sane, which I understand, but as a consequence the little things that make a hotel first rate seem to get neglected in the hubbub. During my stay, my air conditional could NOT keep the room cool, and nothing could be done to address it. On 2 of the 4 nights, housekeeping neglected to leave new plastic cups and clean coffee cups; and on one night, any soap. On 2 of the 4 nights, the ice machine on the floor was broken. The ESPN channels on my television did not work. On two occasions, my key cards did not work, so I had to trudge down to the lobby so they could be reprogrammed. You get the idea--those are just some of the issues, there were others. Bottom line: there was lax, sloppy management at a very busy, chaotic property that needed just the opposite.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Prairie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie North
Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20
Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Grand Prairie
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Arlington DFW South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!