Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Dump”
Reviewed October 24, 2007

This hotel is a dump! Granted it is being remodeled, but it was very dirty. The elevators were slow. I had to try 3 different floors to find an ice maker that worked. The staff working at the check in desk was helping a customer on the phone before helping us. Lastly, the only reason I stayed at this hotel was because it was one of the few in the area that had a fitness room. In the lobby there was a sign that said fitness room this way...I went that way and no fitness room! They didn't even post a sign saying that it was under construction.

• Liked — The water pressure in the shower
  • Disliked — Dirty and smelly
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Urbandale
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We were extremely disappointed in this property. Here are some things that were troubling to our family and impacted our stay. The TV speakers were broken. The 1st room had a foul odor and the odor in the 2nd room we moved to(at 9:30 pm) was not any better. None of the ice machines were working in the building on any floors. Our room was dirty in the kitchenette area (microwave) the linens were not changed from the last tenants. There were crumbs in the beds. There was urine on the floor in the bathroom. The complimentary paper plates in our room had been previously used. There was no cold water in the sink or the shower. There were no sheets for the pullout bed. However, there was an extra blanket and pillow for the pullout bed though. When we tried to call the front desk for assistance over the two days, no one ever answered the phone. In all, we tried to find positive things about the location and really came up empty handed. I know we were not alone in our feelings because we heard other guests complaining in the lobby.

Stayed August 2007
texas
Reviewed July 21, 2007

This was an absolutely terrible stay for us. The room decor was about the only thing that was even close to adequate.

No ice in the entire hotel. Vending machines did NOT work on every floor. Had to check every floor to try and get a cold soda especially since there was no ice.

No sheets for the fold out bed. Had to call front desk. She would get them up there as soon as she could. Umm.....she was playing solitare when we checked for our reservations at 11:00 PM .

She finally brought up the sheets. I made the bed myself.

We finally got to sleep around 1:00 AM. All was okay...we thought. We got an unordered wake up call at 6:00 AM...WTH??? I was extremely upset especially after 5 hours of sleep.

The breakfast was TERRIBLE. The eggs were so watery you had a puddle on your plate. The sausage looked and tasted like rubber. I was NOT impressed.

Then we literally broke out in a sweat waiting to get on the elevator. The performance of the elevator was already questionable and then to be so hot you have sweat running off of you just waiting to get on the hunk of junk.

NEVER again will I stay at Amerisuites because of this experience. I recommend anyone and everyone to go elsewhere for a more pleasant experience.

Stayed July 2007
Oklahoma City
Reviewed June 10, 2007

There are too many other choices in this area to waste your money here, including another Amerisuites less than 2 miles down the road. Hotel management apparently changes the "guest services" book to meet their needs. This includes breakfast times and check out times. Breakfast was pulled 30 minutes early, room wasn't cleaned one day of our stay, elevators were noisy, slow and scary. Management seemed unconcerned with customer questions and concerns. Staff was very rude to our party and was overheard same to other customers as well as on a phone call. Front desk was frequently unmanned and no bell for service. This is a tourist area, stay at another suite hotel.

Stayed June 2007
DFW
Reviewed December 11, 2006

I was pleasently surprised during our recent weekend stay at this hotel. Check in was a breeze however there was no one in front of us. The rooms were good sized and included a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker (free coffee), and hari dryer. The TV was either 27 or 32 inches? We had two rooms which both had two quuen beds and a sleeper sofa. Everything was clean and up to par.

I felt breakfast was excellent. I wasn't expecting much, but was surprised at the choices that were offered. It was buffet style and here's a list of things I can remember they had: Sausage, eggs, waffles, french toast, different fruits, yogurt, bagels, muffins, danishes, white and wheat bread, different cereals, milk, orange juice, apple juice, and coffee. I know I'm missing some things that were in the heat warming tins but can't recall right now. Although the dining area isn't huge, it can adequately fit 50 or so people I would think. They also had to go plates so you could grab your food and eat it in your room if you choose. Since the breakfast area wasn't busy when we arrived, we ate in the dining area.

We didn't have too much interaction with the staff other than check in and check out (guess that is probably a good thing since we didn't have any problems). They all seemed friendly to me and did answer several questions at check in. They all seemed to be acting in a professional manner when we saw them.

Overall we had a wonderful stay. Rooms were nicely sized, staff was courteous, breakfast was filling, and everything went without incident.

Oh, I forgot to mention they had a pretty nice looking fitness area on the first floor and a outdoor pool. But we didn't use either of these so I can't comment too much on them.

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank beltline
Louisiana
Reviewed August 22, 2006

We took our youth group there and the rooms were not cleaned, there were beer bottles and open food containers left in the room. The sheets were not cleaned. Our girls had to move twice because of dirty rooms and a toliet that did not work. They also double assigned a room that our girls were using for the bathroom in which the toliet was not working.

• Stayed June 2006
    • Check in / front desk
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 4, 2006

The Good: Amerisuites, Grand Prairie is an overall a nice property. The rooms are more than adequate, the soundproofing is excellent and the beds are reasonably comfortable. For the price, it's a decent place to stay. The day clerk (both Monday and Tuesday) was very helpful with directions, information and taking care of any problems we ran into with the room or otherwise.

The Bad: On check-in, the desk clerk, Amanda, seemed more interested in the phone conversation she was having than in getting our rooms (we were traveling with another couple.) When Amanda finally got around to us, the next issue cropped up. We had requested rooms on the same floor, and were assured that would not be a problem, but Amanda told us it wasn’t possible because the hotel was almost full. We told her of our reservation discussion, but that didn't seem to matter to her. We finally accepted rooms on floors 2 and 5. When my wife and I went to our room the first thing my wife notices was the sheer curtains were missing from the window. Not a big thing, but still important to us. The second item occurred because my wife has a slight disability and requires additional pillows for support while sleeping. She called the front desk and asked for 3 additional pillows, and the clerk informed her they "didn't have any." What? No extra pillows in a hotel? My wife informed the clerk of her situation and was told they would see what could be done and would call back. Needless to say, the call wasn't returned. However, it was no great loss, as when we actually checked the pillows, they were no better than sacks filled with torn pieces of foam. They had to be the worst pillows I’ve ever had at a hotel. We ended up going to a local dept store where we purchased a few pillows for our use at the hotel.
Which brings up the next point - when we first entered the room it was hot and humid - but that didn't seem unusual at first. By the time we had done all of the usual get settled things and made the phone calls, we noticed the air conditioner was not cooling the room at all. It was not working properly and that was definitely not acceptable. I headed to the front desk and explained the situation and was finally given another room, where the A/C was working just fine (and they had sheers over the window.) The second room was missing the aerator on the vanity faucet, and when I informed the desk clerk (whose name I neglected to get) of that fact on Monday, she made an immediate note of the fact and when we returned to the room the issue had been resolved.

The Ugly: Amanda seemed totally uninterested in customer service. She was reluctant to change rooms and for us when I informed her of the non-functional A/C in the first room and got very huffy when I told her we had turned down the bed spread on one of the beds. "That means housekeeping will have to clean the room again before we can rent it." What? The room has no working A/C and you're worried about renting it that night? Surely after repairing the A/C, the room would require cleaning anyway, right? She also seemed very reluctant to make the change, like we were lying about the A/C not working. Another “ugly” was in the first room we found olive slices on one of the end tables in the sitting area – obviously from a sandwich or salad of some kind. The final "ugly" was the breakfast buffet - there were not enough tables; the food was almost gone; and the area for coffee/toast/waffles/juice was so small it could barely accommodate 3 people, but there were 8 people crammed into the area. The second day, additional food was brought out about 5 minutes before closing the buffest, and then removed right at the closing time. Besides leaving some people without breakfast, it seems like a terrible waste of food.

Would I stay at the same hotel again? Yes, because the rooms themselves are nice enough to warrant another stay and the second desk clerk was very professional and willing to do what it took to make a customer happy with their stay. We will also bring some pillows for our use. In the end, if my impression with the hotel had ended with Amanda I would never consider staying there again.

• Stayed July 2006
Hilton Arlington
Hilton Arlington
#1 of 62 in Arlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,157 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!