“Good Value.... Nice Rooms..... Food Nearby!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Altus Oklahoma
“Good Value.... Nice Rooms..... Food Nearby!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room was very clean; especially for a hotel that allows pets. The room was decorated nice with modern finishes and has a fridge and microwave. However, the beds weren't the most comfortable. The mattresses are extremely firm. Parking is limited. We had to park in the grass. Breakfast is served but its not the greatest. There is also food within walking distance and its a 15 minute drive to the cowboys stadium.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Vacations2go
Nolen M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the response. I am sorry to hear about the few issues you did encounter, but glad to hear they weren't major and you had a great stay. Please contact us in the future for any travel needs in the area we can help to accommodate.

Nolen Millender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Laredo, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was there on business for an enitre month, and for the entire month I was put up at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Grand Prairie South. The Hotel location is ideal just off the I-20 and restaurants are within 5 minutes or less. There is also a Kroger, Walmart, Sams, and an Outlet Mall within a 5 minute drive. The Hotel was beautiful, staff was friendly and always willing to help, and the Mon- Wed happy hour kick back was an added extra. The rooms were modern, lean, with high ceilings (I was on the 1st Floor), and the space in the rooms are abundant. That is why I say its a Great Place and a Great Stay. I will definitely book here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Saul L
Thank you very much "Saul"! It was a pleasure having you live with us for a month. I used to have a job where I had to travel for long periods of time for business. We like to try and put ourselves into the shoes of our guests, and meet those needs as best we can. we are very close to all of the above mentioned restaurants and shops, as well as across the street from Paragon Outlet Mall. There are a ton of great stores with fantastic deals there. We hope to see you again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was surprised that there are no pet rent fees at this hotel chain, so decided to give it a try. This location's room decor looked fun, and was a perfect place for me to stop on my journey across the US. For the price, I was very pleasantly surprised! Nice, nice, nice! Very comfortable bed! The only negative was a 'room service' option, that ended up being through a 3rd party?? It took over an hour to arrive, and was VERY PRICEY! $28 for a salad, small appetizer, and can of soda! Otherwise, loved everything else about it! You do have to do a little investigation on locations, however, because the very next night I stayed in one that was much more run down/shabby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Michelle K
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We really appreciate the feedback. It is true that we do not charge a pet fee. We pride ourselves in our pet friendly policy. Please contact myself or my staff directly at the hotel for any future travel plans we can help you arrange.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for 1 night through Hotwire. Since we were driving in from Houston for a wedding, we got there a little too earlier for check-in, but both rooms were already ready for us, and the staff was more than happy to let us check-in. The rooms were spacious and modern with a Fridge and Microwave. After the wedding one of the room keys was lost, so we asked for a new one, which did not work, so we went back down. The clerk was very concerned and acted promptly, as if she was the one who was locked out. We accidently told her the other room number, and had to go down again. She again acted quickly, and did not mind the bother at all. The next morning we went to breakfast, the eggs and sausage were good for a complimentary breakfast, and they had a make-your-own waffle station. The waffle station was very popular, and made Texas shape waffles. We then went to church and came back around 11:15am. Check-out was at noon, but I really needed a nap before driving back, so I asked if we could check-out at 12:30 instead. The staff answered of course with a smile. We went down to check-out and all that was needed was for them to Thank us for staying with them and to have a great day. This whole experience blew my expectations out of the water, and would forever and a day recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone I know!

Room Tip: Even side rooms have a better view out the window.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marcus M
Thank you very much for the stellar review! I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and hopefully you will return in the future so we can blow those expectations out of the water as well.

Rockaway, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed January 20, 2013

One of the nicer La Quinta's that I have stayed in. Quick and easy access off I-20 made it the perfect place to spend the night. Lovely exterior, lobby and eating area. Excellent customer service! Cute and trendy room with a very comfortable bed! My only complaint was the maintenance in my room. There was obvious damage to one of the nightstands with particle board showing along the entire base, as well as a poorly painted bathroom counter with missing fixtures. Despite that, it was quiet, clean and a great stay. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you very much for comments and suggestions in your review. I am glad to hear you had an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future for any travel needs you have in Grand Prairie.

Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived a little late but it was a quick check in......Its close to the Cowboy Stadium which was a plus....Beautifully decorated and an elegant breakfast area....just as fast exit! Awesome Hotel by the way they provided two rooms as per request without a problem. Great personnel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the City of Dallas on the East side at the top of the building......It's bea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We value our guests feedback greatly. Please keep us in mind for the upcoming Dallas Cowboys season as your hotel of choice.