La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Nolen M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was surprised that there are no pet rent fees at this hotel chain, so decided to give it a try. This location's room decor looked fun, and was a perfect place for me to stop on my journey across the US. For the price, I was very pleasantly surprised! Nice, nice, nice! Very comfortable bed! The only negative was a 'room service' option, that ended up being through a 3rd party?? It took over an hour to arrive, and was VERY PRICEY! $28 for a salad, small appetizer, and can of soda! Otherwise, loved everything else about it! You do have to do a little investigation on locations, however, because the very next night I stayed in one that was much more run down/shabby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Michelle K

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We really appreciate the feedback. It is true that we do not charge a pet fee. We pride ourselves in our pet friendly policy. Please contact myself or my staff directly at the hotel for any future travel plans we can help you arrange.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for 1 night through Hotwire. Since we were driving in from Houston for a wedding, we got there a little too earlier for check-in, but both rooms were already ready for us, and the staff was more than happy to let us check-in. The rooms were spacious and modern with a Fridge and Microwave. After the wedding one of the room keys was lost, so we asked for a new one, which did not work, so we went back down. The clerk was very concerned and acted promptly, as if she was the one who was locked out. We accidently told her the other room number, and had to go down again. She again acted quickly, and did not mind the bother at all. The next morning we went to breakfast, the eggs and sausage were good for a complimentary breakfast, and they had a make-your-own waffle station. The waffle station was very popular, and made Texas shape waffles. We then went to church and came back around 11:15am. Check-out was at noon, but I really needed a nap before driving back, so I asked if we could check-out at 12:30 instead. The staff answered of course with a smile. We went down to check-out and all that was needed was for them to Thank us for staying with them and to have a great day. This whole experience blew my expectations out of the water, and would forever and a day recommend this hotel to everyone and anyone I know!

Room Tip: Even side rooms have a better view out the window.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcus M

Thank you very much for the stellar review! I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and hopefully you will return in the future so we can blow those expectations out of the water as well.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

One of the nicer La Quinta's that I have stayed in. Quick and easy access off I-20 made it the perfect place to spend the night. Lovely exterior, lobby and eating area. Excellent customer service! Cute and trendy room with a very comfortable bed! My only complaint was the maintenance in my room. There was obvious damage to one of the nightstands with particle board showing along the entire base, as well as a poorly painted bathroom counter with missing fixtures. Despite that, it was quiet, clean and a great stay. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you very much for comments and suggestions in your review. I am glad to hear you had an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future for any travel needs you have in Grand Prairie.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived a little late but it was a quick check in......Its close to the Cowboy Stadium which was a plus....Beautifully decorated and an elegant breakfast area....just as fast exit! Awesome Hotel by the way they provided two rooms as per request without a problem. Great personnel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the City of Dallas on the East side at the top of the building......It's bea...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We value our guests feedback greatly. Please keep us in mind for the upcoming Dallas Cowboys season as your hotel of choice.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on Dec. 3rd and 4th. This is a very nice hotel. Marble, fountains, beautiful decor. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms are very big and modern. Everything was excellent except for.........well.... they have a really large breakfast in the mornings, really anything you want to eat. The scrambled eggs they had were very watery and tasteless. But if that is only thing wrong in a great hotel, I can deal with that. Great place to stay when in Dallas.

Bob M.

Room Tip: I liked the room on the first floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Nolen M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for the review and for the great compliments about the hotel. We were definitely going for a luxurious and modern look and I am glad that you thought we acheived it! Thank you also for the note about the eggs and I will look into it. I want to make sure we have zero issues here, not just one minor issue. Please contact myself or my staff at the hotel for any future travel needs you may have.

Reviewed December 4, 2012