“We're stuck in Hell....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Prairie
Budget Suites of America-GR Prairie
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Grand Prairie, Texas
“We're stuck in Hell....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We've been living here for the last 5.5 yrs & would of left long ago but we are kind of stuck here for reasons i can't explain. We came from S. Carolina. The staff all seem to have sticks up their butts & act like it's a major chore for us to ask a question unless it has to do with paying rent!!! Ya walk in the room and it looks nice until you put the lights on. The rugs are disgusting smell, There's hidden dirt in all the corners and garbage under the beds. Ya go to put your clothes in the closets & drawers & they fall apart. the bed is plastic and the springs stick out of the bed so you get a rotten night sleep. When you call in for a new bed they tell you they have none and will switch out the bed for another piece of crap. The maintenance guys tell you that new ones come in on the beginning of the month so wait for that to order a new one. When you put in a order for one the girls fight with you about it. We pay enough for the suites that you should have a good mattress. We live the B building on the 3rd floor and get charged 20.00 extra because it is so close to the pool. You don't get any housekeeping unless you pay for it and they do a crappy job anyway. I watched one girl was the dirty toilet then wash the sink with the same toilet brush only to spread more nasty germs all over. When we first got there we had to take off the sheets and spread and return them along with the towels, soap and toilet paper. Oh yeh god for bid u run out of toilet paper... they will not give you any unless you get the 30.00 per wk housekeeping service. WTF The internet service is sucks and goes out non-stop all day/night long. When you call about it they get pissed off that you told them. When we first moved in the room stunk bad like dog crap. We moved things around and found crap behind the couch and under the bed. Even behind the dresser. The maintenance guys are so lazy that when we got a new mattress they said to keep the old one on and add the new one on top. They are just to lazy to take it to the dumpster themselves. It's once again a major chore. I'm only 4'6 so trying to get on the bed with 2 mattresses is crazy. They truly need to get manager in who cares about the place. You have a courtesy patrol who smokes pot with the druggies and drinks on the job.The prostitutes walk the complex and hit on any man that is outside. My husband was hit on several times and he's in his mid 50's, The cops are always here arresting some druggie. Yes the management does lock you out if you don't pay the rent by 10am. The neighbor next to me always got locked out and they are so rude. They pound on the door non stop until you answer then kick you out of the room once you answer the door. She said she needed to get her dog out and he said no. They go through managers like running water and each new one is meaner then the last. I've seen adults give teens cigarettes and beer while at the pool and jacuzzi. They get plastered and have sex in the jacuzzi too. This place ran good when the Thomas the security guy was here year ago. The pool is filthy all the time and baby's go in with dirty diapers or none and crap in the pool. Lots of domestic abuse going on too and the staff does nothing most of the time. Forget the grounds... these tenants allow their pets to crap on the grounds/grass and don't pick up. You complain to the office & they say they can't do anything about it b/c they don't know who did it and don't care. So if you want to get ripped off and live in Hell this is the place for you. The prices are ok as long as u don't have pets & don't want any services. If you want a nice stay then go to another hotel. The owner of this place really needs to come here and take over for a while and get this place under control. God knows the the management doesn't ... they are always off the property and get paid for managing! Hah I can do a better job. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. Lamar is just as bad. We were there the 1st 10 months and that place has a major roach and rat/mouse infestation.

Room Tip: I'd go to the Intown hotel on collins.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank naomi c

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Thought we would stay here while traveling the country, my mother lives here, worst decision of our travels. Upon getting our room, we found a crack pipe and 2 hypodermic needles next to the dresser. The next day I did our laundry and while making the bed found yet another needle and small baggie with white powder in it. There were so many issues I have written the owner in hopes he gets control of this place. We had to sign a waiver agreeing not to sue or share info of the incident but I simply cannot help but think about what could have happened had there been small children in this room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Marlene P
Grand Prairie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Advertised actually as apartments- Has anyone thought about reporting to better business bureau; Health Department- It is ridiculious and needs to stop

• Stayed September 2010
7 Thank BigBirdGrandPrairie
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

My son had a week long tournament in grand prairie so I was searching for an extended stay...this place popped up. It was very cheap for the week but I guess that was the first sign. Looks can be deceiving..when you first drive up the landscaping throughout is very maintained but that is the only thing. When we got there our first room had big mold stay on carpet and it smelled sooo bad I had to walk right back out. They gave me another room the only thing that made this room better was that it did not smell. I immediately had to start sanitizing my room. The carpet is filthy, the bed is horrible, and the restroom looked clean but was not. This is not an extended stay. These are more like apartments. People live there! Most extended stays have a microwave, pots and pans, utensils, toilet paper, linens, etc. this did not. If you want linens you have to pay an additional fee. BEWARE!!!! IT'S CHEAP BUT NOT WORTH IT.....NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Liked — Near facility I needed to be everyday
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank bbmomTexas
Arlington, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2007

My hotel stay was AWFUL. . . I rented a room for one full week. I had previously stayed at Budget suites at different locations and was satisfied with the room, staff and my accommodations. But I would advise everyone to stay away from this Budget Suite off 360 highway in Grand Prairie, TX.
The staff is very rude and unfriendly. My room did not include a microwave oven when I asked why no microwave I was told very rudely by office staff that “I didn’t pay for one”. The room had roach motels in every room of the suite including the cabinets and closet. The bed was awful and the blood stained sheets that I paid for did not fit the slippery Plastic mattress . The towels that I had also paid for was thread thin, yellow and dirty. The TV made an awful buzzing nose when turned on. I wanted to check out after the first night and was told my credit card would still be billed for full week NO REFUND!
I was also told when I checked out that I would have to remove the trash from the trash can in the room before I could get my deposit back. I was told when I checked in the deposit would include clean up after leaving. When I complained to the manager/clerk on duty I was told "This isn't the BEST Western" I am a real estate agent and have a lot of relocation clients. I will never recommend this facility to any of my clients as a matter of fact I will strongly advise NOT use this facility!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — ENTIRE STAY WAS AWFUL
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank roblft
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2006

I had to find a cheap place to live the months. Then I found the cheap one- Budget Suite of America. But the service is very bad. Only care about money. The staff were badly trained.

1) The room looked clean. But they don't concern of smoking and pets. So the guest dislike pets or smoking got much troubles: The fleas in the room. everywhere, Even in bathroom. I never ever see the insects before. I swear. But I saw this in this hotel. And I was bite very seriously.
2) After I complained the bad experience. No one take this seriously in the first week. Then I have to show my ugly feet which were infected badly. A lady allowed me to transfer to another "nice" room at night since I could not sleep any more. (nice means without fleas).
3) The second day, I don't have enough time to move everything before 9:00 AM so I left my staff in my previous room. They threw my staffs into trash bags without any warnings.

I don't know it's the end of my suffering. But I warn people be careful to deal with BUGDET SUITES!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2006

While the check-in exprience was o.k., the staff at this hotel needs some serious courses in "Customer Service & How to Treat Your Customers". They really are trashy, and I'm not just talking about the rooms, but the attitude of the personnel. No one can ever help you and the costs are HIDDEN AND EXCESSIVE. they act like everything is a chore and you feel like you are paying for THEIR ROTTEN ATTITUDES. I don't know about you, but the only service I will pay for is "GOOD SERVICE". I will not allow a business like this continue to receive money from me.

For the amount you pay, it shouldn't be too much to ask for a maid to come by maybe once a week. You have to pay extra for everything.

YOU HAVE TO PAY ADDITIONAL FEE'S FOR EVERYTHING, INCLUDING:

PET CHARGE
CORNER ROOM
FIRST FLOOR
LATE FEE
TO CHANGE ROOMS...... $75.00 FEE. THEY COULD NOT SUPPLY ANY DOCUMENTATION THAT EXPLAINS THIS FEE THOUGH. SHE WAS TOLD BE THE MANAGER THIS IS WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE US IF WE WANTED TO GET RID OF SOME OF THE THINGS THEY WERE CHARGING US FOR. SUCH AS THE LINENS & UTENSILS. THEY WERE RUDE!!
ETC, ETC, ETC....

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST, YOU GET TO PAY THEM FOR THEIR HORRIBLE SERVICE AND ANYTHING BUT PROFESSIONALISM. I'VE BEEN TREATED BETTER BY THE PERSONNEL AT MOTEL 6. AND THE ROOMS WERE CLEANER.

We paid $249+ every week with the surcharge, and the "corner room" fee which was an extra $10 every week that they failed to tell us about.

I'd boycott this hotel unless they supply their personnel with some training.

• Stayed March 2006
Candlewood Suites DFW South
Candlewood Suites DFW South
#66 of 110 in Fort Worth
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Arlington DFW South

Been to Budget Suites of America-GR Prairie? Share your experiences!