“Absolutely awful”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Fort Hood, TX
“Absolutely awful”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First off, we booked a room through Travelocity. DON'T DO THAT!! Despite the fact that we selected the Super 8 on Palace Parkway in GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS, they booked us for a Super 8 in GRAND PRAIRIE CANADA. Really?? They said they would give us a full refund. We're still waiting on that. So when we show up to the hotel we booked a room with, they didn't have us. We ended up getting referred across town to Super 8 Grand Prairie Southwest.

This place SUCKS! The lady at the desk was nice, and as helpful as she could be, but there's only so much you can do when what you have to work with is substandard. The website advertised cribs and infant beds as one of the amenities offered. When we got there, however, we were told differently. That was a major factor for us, because we had our 8 month old son with us. Then, another major factor was my husband and I were very much looking forward to the jacuzzi, but in the first room we were put in, when we turned on the jets, black stuff came shooting out. We rinsed the tub out and tried again, just in case it was sediment or something. Again black stuff shot out of the jets. I had let our son crawl around playing with his toys, and when I picked him up, his legs, hands, and feet were also covered in black residue. We got put in a different room, which was much cleaner. The jacuzzi worked, but when we attempted to go to bed (sleeping with our baby between us because there was, of course, no courtesy crib or infant bed), the mattress was as hard as a rock. The AC was asthmatic, rattly, and couldn't seem to draw the humidity out of the air. Despite leaving the ventilation fan on in the bathroom, the room was VERY humid and damp. It smelled vaguely musty like mildew. We got next to no sleep. By 3 am we had given up even trying and sat in the floor to play games on my husband's laptop, but the internet didn't seem to be working. When our baby woke up at 7, we had breakfast, loaded up, and checked out as fast as we could. We had intended to stay Friday night, visit Ripley's Believe it or Not Saturday, find somewhere interesting to have dinner, then leave Sunday. But there was no way any of us were spending another night like that. It was one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. Just to add icing to the cake, the complimentary breakfast consisted of some cold cereal, half frozen pastries, and make-your-own waffles that tasted about as good as raw egg whites. They were flavorless, aside for the syrup, and never seemed to get done all the way through, no matter how long we left them on the griddle.

I will NOT be going back to this hotel, nor will I recommend it to ANYONE. In fact, I plan to warn as many people away from it as possible. IT was AWFUL.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was dirty and musty, which they tried to cover up with a heinous deodorizer. The hotel staff were rude and unprofessional, and the free breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. I am not a picky person who has to have 5 star accommodations. Believe me when I say you do not want to stay at this hotel !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Grand Prairie
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did not stay here. They gave our room away and we ended up at another hotel. Due to the lack of communication about check in policies the motel was nice enough to refund our money. We will not be returning to this location ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed there one night to sleep after a concert at the Verizon Center, rather than drive back and forth from Austin the same night. I checked in with a guy through the office window around midnight then drove out around 9am.

The room was spacious and clean, the free wireless worked well enough for me to do work. Air conditioner was less than perfect but worked well enough for me to still sleep well. The shower is on the older side, and of course the room doors open directly to the exterior. It is right next door to an Arby's and close to other fast food stops, I ate at the Waffle House which was at the highway nearby.

I paid about $70, seems like about average value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Well the lady at the check in was ok but didn't have very good bedside manner. We rented a Jacuzzi room for 120 for one night..the room is a little outdated. No bedbugs!! The Jacuzzi is way outdated!! Like early 90s model, the bed is ok but kinda stiff only three pillows though they need to put 5 the ac worked great and in Texas in the summer u need a good ac. We got a smoking room but warning if your a smoker and go outside to smoke and your in a non smoking room and they smell smoke u will be charged a extra 150. The pool is open from 530-1100 that makes no sense to me when at 10 its already scorching hot. So far I am enjoying my stay but there is a weird smell outside a strong smell of bug spray or gasoline!! Gave me a headache

• Stayed June 2013