“We did not stay here. They gave our room away and we ended...”

Super 8 Grand Prairie Southwest
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Grand Prairie
“We did not stay here. They gave our room away and we ended...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We did not stay here. They gave our room away and we ended up at another hotel. Due to the lack of communication about check in policies the motel was nice enough to refund our money. We will not be returning to this location ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed there one night to sleep after a concert at the Verizon Center, rather than drive back and forth from Austin the same night. I checked in with a guy through the office window around midnight then drove out around 9am.

The room was spacious and clean, the free wireless worked well enough for me to do work. Air conditioner was less than perfect but worked well enough for me to still sleep well. The shower is on the older side, and of course the room doors open directly to the exterior. It is right next door to an Arby's and close to other fast food stops, I ate at the Waffle House which was at the highway nearby.

I paid about $70, seems like about average value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Well the lady at the check in was ok but didn't have very good bedside manner. We rented a Jacuzzi room for 120 for one night..the room is a little outdated. No bedbugs!! The Jacuzzi is way outdated!! Like early 90s model, the bed is ok but kinda stiff only three pillows though they need to put 5 the ac worked great and in Texas in the summer u need a good ac. We got a smoking room but warning if your a smoker and go outside to smoke and your in a non smoking room and they smell smoke u will be charged a extra 150. The pool is open from 530-1100 that makes no sense to me when at 10 its already scorching hot. So far I am enjoying my stay but there is a weird smell outside a strong smell of bug spray or gasoline!! Gave me a headache

• Stayed June 2013
Ward
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was a nice room , but it just had a musty smell to it , I would put a Scentsy Wickless Candles in there. And I sale them. Just call me. thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

#8 of 22 in Grand Prairie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Grand Prairie
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands

Been to Super 8 Grand Prairie Southwest? Share your experiences!