“Great staff and cleanliness, maintenance neede” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Grand Prairie Southwest

Super 8 Grand Prairie Southwest
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Dodge City, Kansas
“Great staff and cleanliness, maintenance neede”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed for three nights in June. The room was very clean and the staff was wonderful. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. Maintenance was something else. The bathroom tiles had cracks and the light flickered on and off. The night next to the bathroom also didnt work. A lamp in the room didnt work and was very wobbly. The WIFi didnt work at all. Definitly think there was some electrical issues going on this room. The pool was gross. It had a film and there was a lot of small debris in it. Even though there were some maintenance issues I really liked staying there because of the staff. Customer Service was Excellent!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stephenville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I were a little unsure about renting a room here, just because the price was so low ($67) but were just in town for one night to see a concert at the Verizon Theatre so we thought we'd try it - I'm glad we did!

The room was very spacious and immaculately clean. I inspect everything when I get a hotel room and there was no dirt anywhere! There was a small flat screen HDTV in the room, a refrigerator, microwave, a writing desk and a small living area with a coffee table and fold out sofa on the side of the room away from the bed.

We did not have a reservation, we just walked in and the very friendly woman at the front desk had us in our room in literally five minutes. The room was comparable to what we've paid $150 a night for in other places. If this is the Super 8 standard, we're going to be staying more often! The continental breakfast was good - hot coffee, cold juice and milk, cereal, danishes, bagels, and make your own Texas shaped waffles!

The hotel was right around the corner from the Texas Roadhouse, which was also a very good experience for us, and just a block or so away from a cinema 10. Easy access back to the highway, but far enough away we didn't have to worry about traffic.

All in all, we were more than satisfied, but the bed was not very comfortable. Both my husband and I had a hard time falling and staying asleep. The only other thing I can think of is that the handles on two of the drawers were broken off, and the caulking on the bath tub was a little worn out. But none of that detracted from the fact that I really liked this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Smyer, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

I booked this room through Wyndham Rewards. I booked for the 29th of December but there was a mix up and the room was booked for the 25th. The manager was very understanding as well as the front desk. They took care of everyting and i received my room with no problem. I stay in motels over 100 nights year. I would definately stay here again. Good room, great service.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

I now live in this hotel and will leave on Thursday headed to Missouri, and according to plan my trip to visit several U.S. states
The hotel is clean and furniture I Rated 10 of 10 compared with the price available to the private room by one person to two people
Has its refrigerator and microwave and TV and Iron and breakfast service
Lies lies some of the problems who do not have a car but I had to have one I live in this hotel, although it away from the downtown Dallas about 20 miles but No problem because you will not find at this price and the services of any hotel or motel nearby
Reception at the hotel very good and wonderful

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

VERY clean and excellent hotel in service as well! We travel once a month to Grand Prairie/Arlington area and tried multiple locations. Was VERY impressed with the locations clean room; lobby and breakfast area! Waffle make was a plus for the free breakfast but spacious area as well. I CANNOT EXPRESS enough, how this location was perfect and I would return. Notice more than usual number of cleaning staff members which lead me to believe the management focus on a cleaner location rather then expenses. Also something that I normally research before I choose a location is the area surrounding the hotel to make sure I am safe. I could not ask for better as there were a Krogers and area restaurants including Burger King and Sonic. In other words it was safe surroundings and the location was perfect for grocery needs. Minutes from Six Flags location and ball park. A+ for location as well. NEAT lobby area with internet service and computer in the lobby. Great and respectful staff!
Anyone in search of finding a opinion on this location may email me at stonecoldwater3161@yahoo.com

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

The staff is super friendly. The rooms are super clean. Traveling through to go to Six Flags and stopped and experienced a great value for what our dollars. Breakfast was good...loved the waffles and I will stay the next time I go through the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

Stayed at the Super 8 over the thanksgiving break and had a great stay. The rate was reasonable for the area. The room had everything you could need with the fridge and microwave--good to hav for leftover turkey. The coffee in room helped as well. Breakfast included do-it-yourself waffles which my kids really enjoyed. I will be back next time in town.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)