“Not sure what hotel others were reviewing....”

Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Austin, Texas, United States
“Not sure what hotel others were reviewing....”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was one of the last hotels available near the AT&T stadium. It had decent reviews on Tripadvisor, so I figured it was worth a gamble. First - the positives: The decor is modern and seems relatively new. Rooms are decently furnished. The A/C worked well although it was quite loud. And even though the hotel is on the freeway, the room was relatively quiet. The negatives: The front desk staff is unfriendly and not at all interested in going one step beyond what is required of them. The room we were in had a very strong smell of cleaner or deodorizer. It didn't smell that way in the bathroom - only the bedroom so I believe it may have been the carpet. The bed was rather hard and I didn't find it very comfortable. The tv in our room didn't work at all. Called down to the front desk but since it was late, there was no one who could come and assist. At 10:00 am, maid service was knocking on the door asking if we were leaving soon. And lastly, at 11:05 am, five minutes after checkout, we got a phone call telling us we needed to leave. First and last time we'll be staying at a Best Western Plus. Oh, and we had planned on riding the shuttle to the stadium but upon check in, we were told the next one available would be in two hours. It's a nice service but if you're planning on using it to go to the stadium or other event, you'll need to plan way ahead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Larahr

On behalf of my entire staff I sincerely apologize for the issues you had on the day of your departure. I can assure you that we work very hard to provide the best possible service to all our guests, and we pride ourselves on the ability to go the extra mile for all of our guests. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you for your review.
Chris Dahya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Appleton, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at 5 different hotels during our vacation. 2 of them I would rate at least a 4 star, or better. I rate this Best Western to be at least a 3 star. Everything worked great, it was clean, roomy, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was great. I would recommend this one. It was a bargain. We were there 2 days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Douglas K,

Thank you for your kind review. Glad to see that you enjoyed the roominess and the comfort of the bed. We hope to see you soon.

Elizabethtown, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The drivers of the shuttle, as well as the front desk staff, were great - friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and very quiet. Nice rooms. Good breakfast. Safe area - only 15 min from airport. Several fast food restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Beth S,

Thank you for your very kind review. My staff works very hard to provide the highest quality of service to each and every guest. It is exceptionally overwhelming when a guest, like yourself, show their appreciation.

On behalf of my entire staff, Thank You.

Roseville, California
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an overnight between flights at DFW and stayed at the Best Western Plus on 9/24. Since this was a quick overnight and we were not looking for anything fancy or expensive we were not expecting much. To our great delight we ended up at the Best Western Plus and found the shuttle driver and front desk staff to be very pleasant, the lobby, halls, and room to be very nice a comfortable. The Wifi was fast and easy to connect to, the bedding, TV, bathroom, etc were nicer than many places we've stayed paying a lot more money. In the morning we went down to the breakfast area and found very clean nice area with just about anything we would want for breakfast. Later on the shuttle back to the airport again was quick and the driver very pleasant.

If I haven't made it clear, doubtful, we were VERY pleased and would definitely go back and/or recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice. Would expect the freeway side to be louder but that was not our experience.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

I am glad that you had chosen us for your overnight stay in the DFW area. This gave my hotel staff the opportunity to serve you and make you stay comfortable. It was good to see that you enjoyed the speed of our Wifi and the ranger of our breakfast bar.

Thank you for all your kind words and hope to see you soon.

Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Location is great. Hotel was very clean, the staff was nice and helpful. They have a full breakfast. And it was quiet even though on a major highway. Would definitely stay here again if I came back through this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Pbaron,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind review. I am happy to see that my staff was able to provide a pleasant and comfortable stay during your visit. It was nice to see that you enjoyed the full breakfast bar. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I got the opportunity to stay at this hotel a month ago, and was so impressed! This is one of the nicest Best Westerns I have seen so far. They just renovated and reopened about a year ago, and everything is so beautiful. The bathrooms even had granite countertops, and the beds were so comfortable I slept like a baby! I got to talk to the manager, Chris, and he shared with me a few pictures of what the hotel used to look like before the renovation, and I could hardly believe what a huge change there has been. Breakfast was awesome too - waffles, eggs, meats, tortillas to make your own breakfast burritos, and all the usual cold stuff - pastries, cereals, juices, etc. They have free coffee in the lobby all day which was a nice touch. I used the shuttle to and from the airport, and when my flight was cancelled on my way to the airport, they were great about dropping me off long enough to get it changed and then picking me up and letting me check right back into my room. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the Arlington area!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear LM06170,

Thank you for all your kind words about the Hotel. It is satisfying to see that you enjoyed the fresh new modern look , the comfort of the beds and our breakfast buffet.
I am happy that we were able to help you during your flight cancellation and that our free airport shuttle service came in handy. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit.

Thank you.

Chris Dahya.
Arlington, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location is only 4 miles from the ATT stadium but stays out of the way of all the traffic that can be found closer to the stadium and Six Flags. They offer a cheap shuttle service ($15 per room) that drops you off at the entrance of the stadium. The rooms were VERY clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Melissa S
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Melissa S,

Thank you for your wonderfully kind review, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
I am happy to see that our shuttle service helped in navigating you to the AT&T Stadium with ease.

Your Sincerely,

Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Grand Prairie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Grand Prairie North
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Arlington

Been to Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!