“Nice Hotel, but do your homework.”

Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nice staff, clean spacious room, good breakfast. My room was a king suite and very nice and very comfortable. If you are light sleeper, I recommend you ask for a high room number which will put you as far away from the highway as possible. It is busy all night.
My room was always kept very clean and stocked up with toiletries, coffee and clean towels. The breakfast bar was well stocked with excellent choices. I will give a heads up - if you use a sugar substitute - they do not have Splenda, so take your own.

Overall it is a nice hotel, but do you homework. I went expecting the shuttle to run 24/7 and it doesn't. I had a very early flight and wanted to return my rental car the night before and take the shuttle to the airport in the morning. I was disappointed to see that would not be an option. Thankfully, I could wait to return my rental car, which I did, but if I had flown in and used their shuttle to get from the airport to the hotel and expected to use it again to return to the airport, I would have had to hire a taxi. It was my fault for not doing my homework, but the hotel should make it clear in their listing that it is not a 24/7 shuttle.

Room Tip: Rooms with a higher number are farther away from the street and are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Jrsmith, I am very thankful to you for making us aware of our shuttle hours. We are working to correct the problem as an error occurred in the flow of information through the different electronic distribution channels. Some sites showed the hours and some did not. I will make sure that the correct hours are shown.
I am glade you enjoyed our overall facility and the friendly staff.

Yours sincerely,
Chris Dahya (GM)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice staff, even manager ask how our stay was. Hotel is clean as can be but a little far from the ball park and the shuttle is a one way drop off with extra charges. Gates are closed so you have to drive a ways to go around and back up to stores or restaurants just on the other side of fence.

Room Tip: Stay on back side of hotel to miss freeway and airport noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We are happy to that hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our Hotel and the reception from the staff. Being 3 miles from the stadium, it unfortunately puts us out of walking distance of the Rangers Ballpark and Cowboys Stadium. We offer the shuttle drop off service as an alternative to guests who do not have their own personal or rental car. This is often the best way for out of town guests to get to the nearby attractions, as often they are not familiar with the area, or do not wish to pay for parking Thank you for your review and we hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is one of the better Best Westerns we have stayed in. Beautiful decor, everything was clean, and it was well appointed. The front desk was helpful with our questions. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Chris D, Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

A big thank you from our entire staff. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located near Arlington. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. Free breakfast bar included "make your own" Texas shaped waffles. The only downside is the size of the King Suites. I would recommend booking a Queen family suite for more room. If they weren't sold out, I would have switched. Beds are super comfy and lots of counter space in the bathroom. Overall, a great value for the money and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JMC_TX

Thank you for your review and glad to see you enjoyed the comfy beds and Texas shape waffles. On your next stay we will try to accommodate you in a larger room. Thank you looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter had a dance competition in Arlington so we stayed at this hotel. The employees at the desk were pleasant and check in was a breeze. The room we stayed in had two queen beds and a sofa bed. The room was somewhat spacious. The closet space was lacking. Everything seemed to work properly and we had enough towels, pillows, etc for our stay. Breakfast was a basic breakfast; waffles, bagels, yogurt, cereal, eggs (watery), sausage, etc... Parking was not so great. It seemed rather limited and the parking spaces were really close together. The location of this hotel is good with several major attractions close by. The main downfall to this hotel is the price. We paid $145.56 for one night! Now don't get me wrong, I have paid this much and more at other hotels, but this hotel did not give enough bang for the buck. I suppose location is the only "plus" to this hotel, because when you get right down to it, this is a basic hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review . Glad to see that you were happy with the employees at the desk and the overall condition of the Hotel. Due to the number of close attractions and number of events, demand can often be high, which leads to higher prices than normal. Hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Found this hotel through booking.com and thought it was a good central location. My husband and I were coming to town for a weekend away and our girls had purchased us Mavericks tickets. We had booked at King room with a sofa bed, a few days before our arrival a gentlemen called and asked if we needed the sofa sleeper and I said no. When we arrived we were put in a handicap accessible room. I'm assuming this was the change that they had made. It gave us a much roomy space but the toilet was a bit high. Secondly understand if you stay here the walls are extremely thin kids were running up and down the hallway and a baby was crying in the next room. Also it turned out cold that weekend and we couldn't turn the heat on because it made a loud screeching noise the whole time it ran. I normally travel with my own pillows because the ones at hotels have gotten so small. I however had forgotten to pack them. When I ask the front desk for an extra pillow they stated they had not extras. I got the feeling they just didn't want to move from the spot. they were planted in. Finally they advertise a hot breakfast. It is indeed hot; if you like round shaped egg patties and sausage patties then this is the place for you. They also offer waffles, bagels, cereal and fruit. I would make one suggestion on the breakfast bar move everything that needs to be waited on to another area. No one could get to the different items because of people waiting on the toaster and the waffle irons. Thank goodness there is a Ihop close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thanks you very much for your review, it will definitely guide us in the right direction for future guests and help improve the overall guest experience. Since we are a newer property we are still in 'learning mode' and still amidst tweaking certain parts of our operation. We hope the next time you stay with us, we are able to provide a more enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your guiding words,

Chris Dahya

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The facility is in good repair. Easy on and off the roadway. The surrounding area is inviting and safe. The room decor is modern and plush. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I would stay this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Chris D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arlington North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

It is always nice to see that my staff helped make your stay accommodating and enjoyable. Thank you for your generous review and hope to be of service to you in the very near future.