“For what you are paying for, it's a good deal.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
McKinney, Texas
“For what you are paying for, it's a good deal.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Minimum problems all taken care of quickly.

A group of us on motorcycles rode to Granbury and stayed at the La Quinta and had a great time. They could spend more money and time on maintenance and updates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We decided to vacation close to home so we could spend more on ourselves than travel or a room. The only reason I didn't give this an excellent rating is because we were not able to use the pool any of the four nights we were there. Upon checking out, I was told we could have gone across the street to the Y because they had an agreement with them right now. We were not told this upon check in or the times my husband asked if they were working on the pool. The other issues were minor & quickly taken care of. Had I not previously read or heard one of our "neighbors", we would not have known this was a pet friendly hotel. The halls & grounds are kept clean & inviting. The breakfast offered was tasty& had a good selection. My husband noted there were not as many selections as the La Quinta in Austin but the food here tasted much better. We were within a good driving distance from the historic town square & Glen Rose...places we were visiting and one reason we chose this one to stay at. Very friendly staff, beds & rooms are comfortable. The pricing is affordable & we would stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We were in a King Executive Suite with microwave & mini fridge on the second floor. Very quite...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with our two golden retrievers. The property, rooms and public areas were very clean. Staff was friendly and efficient. One would never know that this is a pet friendly hotel. No stains, odors or outdoor droppings noted anywhere. Everything was in very good condition adding to our level of comfort. This is a hotel we would stay at again or would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
las vegas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wow. The rooms in this hotel are aswome. Its like havng an apartment. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was great and the rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is conviently located close to store and food. I would definetly come recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend the top floor facing west.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank megabrat
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I reserved two rooms with 2 queen beds for the Fourth of July--one for me and my husband and one for our son and daughter-in-law. However, when my husband and I arrived to check into our room, the blonde lady at the desk told my husband that we couldn't possibly have reservations for rooms with 2 queen beds and said, instead, that our reservations were for rooms with double beds. My husband came back to the car, confused, and told me what she had said. I was confused as well and went inside to show her my confirmation printouts, which clearly showed that we had reserved 2 rooms with 2 QUEEN beds. At that point, she just laughed sarcastically and said, "Look, we only have ONE room in this whole place with 2 queen beds. Our beds are doubles, so THAT'S not going to happen! I don't know WHO you booked your reservations through, but they screwed up. Our rooms have double beds--NOT queen beds!" I showed her the confirmations again to show her that we had booked our reservations through LaQuinta.com! However, she just quickly brushed that fact aside and kept making comments which implied that I should have KNOWN somehow that their rooms only have double beds. When she suddenly walked away without saying a word about where she was going, my husband and I just looked at each other, wondering where she had gone. She came back with a man who apparently was the manager, even though he didn't identify himself as the manager, and he just looked perturbed that he was being bothered. When we explained that our confirmation printouts showed rooms with queen beds, he told us that they had been trying to get this particular issue straightened out online for some time. He asked impatiently, "When did you make your reservations?" I began to tell him that one reservation was made about two and a half to three months earlier, but instead of letting me finish, he interrupted me and said, "See. That's your problem." (MY problem??) "You made the reservation months ago, and the problem wasn't straightened out yet." (Yes, I had made the reservation months ago because I wanted to make sure we had a place to stay on the Fourth of July in Granbury, since accommodations there tend to go quickly for the July 4th celebration). When I was able to tell him that I had made the second reservation JUST THE DAY BEFORE, he just stood there for a moment as if not knowing what to say--since, quite obviously, the issue online still hadn't been corrected as of July 3rd, the day before we arrived. Then, he said irritably, "Look, I can reduce the rate of the rooms, but that's all I can do." I could have cared less about him reducing the rate by twenty or thirty dollars and told him so. We were so disgusted at that point with their offensive attitudes that we were in no mood to stay in a place that has such unprofessional and rude employees, so we called our son and told him the situation, and he agreed that we needed to cancel the reservations and leave. A simple apology or some common courtesy would have been much appreciated. We were there to celebrate an enjoyable Fourth of July with our son and daughter-in-law. Instead, we ended up spending the day in the heat, trying to kill time so that we could watch the fireworks display that night, and then had to drive home afterwards. I have NEVER been treated so badly at a La Quinta--or any other hotel for that matter--and I will never plan to stay at the La Quinta in Granbury again. As a side note: Just before we left, my husband realized he had failed to get cancellation confirmations (we were taking no chances with this place), so he went back inside to get cancellation confirmations, and when he came back to the car, he said that another party was attempting to check in, and they were having a heated conversation with the La Quinta employees regarding the same problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank texasgirl74
LQ6040, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Mrs. texasgirl74,

I am sorry to hear your experience with us was unpleasant. However we did what we could to accommodate and you decided to not stay with us. The issue with the website displaying incorrect information had been addressed at the time and is now fixed.

Your comments on the reactions of myself and my staff ("sarcastically" "impatiently" etc) are either overstatements or false. You and your husband were agitated by the situation and we understood the frustration, but we were not attempting to be rude to you in any way. Unfortunately that was not reciprocated to our staff.

Ultimately we offered a discounted rate and an apology was offered (This I promise happened whether you remember or not) and you did not accept. We did not personally kick you into the heat or reject your reservation in any manner. The guests that had the same situation after you understood the situation, accepted our offer and had a stay for a discounted rate in a sold out city.

-Matt Gower