“Peaceful Respite”

Ranked #4 of 18 Granbury B&B and Inns
Tyler, Texas
“Peaceful Respite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

My wife Mitzi and I recently had the unexpected pleasure of visiting Granbury and the most wonderful Bed and Breakfast. The town of Granbury has a historic district that truly is something to see. We searched numerous BNB's around the area and were excited to find Stan and Kay's beautiful historic home. You have to here the story of how they ended up living their dream. We were greeted by an oasis of lush rose bushes, oleander, and bubbling waterfalls, but were really surprised to walk up on the porch and find our names written on a welcome board. The home has many original sections, but also has some wonderful upgrades like private jaccuzi tubs, or an outdoor hot tub. Stan and Kay both greeted us as old southern friends would, and the personal little touches like fabulous bathrobes, anytime snacks, and mints in our room, made us feel special. There are many restaurants downtown and we really enjoyed the new Brazos Smokehouse, but be sure and take the time to enjoy a wonderful breakfast in the lovely dining room. We are already planning to go back with the family and indulge in the wonderful hospitality of our friends Stan and Kay..........We cant forget Angel.....the Bostahoolahoola.....even if your not a dog person, take a minute to enjoy the amazing personality of this little four legged friend. Dont worry she is totally unobtrusive and a real delight.

Room Tip: The in room jaccuzi tubs are not huge, but we found the Granbury Suite to be most enjoyable. The Gar...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Granbury Gardens for my birthday and had a wonderful time. The house was very quaint and in the evening we went in the hut tub which was very romantic. We were not expecting much from Granbury, but were pleasantly surprised with the area. The next time we go back we are definitely going jet skiing! But we had a relaxing romantic time at Granbury Gardens.

• Stayed May 2011
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Kay & Stan,
You are wonderful hosts and we enjoyed our stay very much, the food was fantastic.
We hope to come again soon.
Jane & Brad Rowland

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

I'm just getting around to writing my reviews over the past few months, and even though almost a year has gone by, I still remember what a great gem this place was. My boyfriend and I had come to Dallas from Japan, and I wanted him to experience a lil taste of Texas- so we headed out for a trip to Granbury. We were the only couple staying for the night, and I loved how our names were outside to greet us! The bed was turned down and had the softest sheets (I got the secret from Kay) and it was just perfect decor. We spent the evening in the hot tub, and the next morning had a huge delicious breakfast! I think the highlight was the 'eggs on a cloud' or something like that- never had anything like it but it was fantastic. Even though we only stayed one night, it was such a romantic trip for us and made me proud to show off what true Texas hospitality is all about. Granbury Gardens really went above and beyond my expectations, and already thinking about my next trip down there this summer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed the company of our hosts, Stan & Kay. It's also a short stroll to the town square and they have a pretty little landscaped garden with a hot-tub too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Francitas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

My husband and I recently celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Granbury Gardens B&B. We could not have asked for a more picturesque setting to renew our vows. The gazebo, gardens, and waterfall in the back made a perfect setting. The roses are in full bloom in May and are exquisite. Kay's gourmet breakfast was as nice as we have had anywhere. Stan and Kay went far beyond "the call of duty" to make everything so meaningful. They have a way of making you feel very special. If we had it to do all over again there is not one thing that we would change. Great place and a great couple.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

Stan and Kay were very gracious hosts and provided our group with a wonderful weekend. We enjoyed having the backyard for social time also. The chocolate chip cookies were awesome. Kay is a fabulous cook; the breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends