“This Hotel has the best Beds and we stay in hotels 48 weeks a year.”

Best Western Grandbury Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Waite Park MN
“This Hotel has the best Beds and we stay in hotels 48 weeks a year.”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We have been staying hear for 4 years. I recommend it so highly. The service has been great all 4 years. The beds OH them beds are outstanding and we stay in hotels accross the country. I recommend it to everyone!! Clean and confortable all the time. Great breakfast and Parking. we have stay a total of 8 months in this hotel the last 4 years and will not change.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Worth
Reviewed January 2, 2010

If it were not for the poor construction of this hotel and the resulting noise factor, I would be very happy with my stay. It has a nice appearance, the staff was nice, the breakfast was nice, and the bed comfortable. But truly, all that does not matter if you cannot sleep! We stayed on the bottom floor and heard every noise from the rooms on both sides of us, as well as each movement in the room above us. I actually met the people staying directly above us, and they are small people. But to us it sounded like elephants were running around up there due to the hotel's cheap construction. Also, the sound of every toilet flush or running faucet in a nearby room was loud in our room. I live near a train and am not a light sleeper, but the noise was truly disruptive. I will not stay at another Best Western due to this experience. I've had much better luck at other similarly priced hotel chains.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
BWGIS, general manager at Best Western Grandbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2010
I am truly sorry you had a bad experience with noise while staying with us. Under the circumstances, it was New Years eve, we had 3 different bands staying with us that were performing at the city's functions, and many quests that attended them....it was probably the noisiest night of the year. We were practically sold out, and no one else mentioned the noise. Please don't let this experience keep you from staying at other Best Westerns. We are all independently owned and operated. The chain is definately worth a second chance.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and thank you for taking the time to send a review.
dfw
Reviewed March 8, 2009

The hotel was nice, but the first night they put me in the room by the elevator and it was very loud. They acted like no one ever complained about it but moved me, without any apology . The next night my friends came in and they got put there. Big surprise , they complained too. They told them the same thing that it only bothered some people.
Just don't let them put you in the room by the evevator unless you normally sleep by a train station all night.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank befab4
I am sorry for your bad experience while staying with us. I do realize that room can be loud since it is next to the elevator and we only use it when no other room is avail. We will gladly move anyone if there is another room of that type or even upgrade if necessary. We had a gentleman come in the other day requesting that room, and has stayed in it many times. Everyone is different. Again, I am sorry for your bad experience.
Waco Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2009

The room was very nice and clean, did not like the fact that the curtains did not close, was very bright.

I was overcharged $10.00 to my Bank Card, room was quoted to be $132.32 with tax and all, was billed $142.00 to my Card, Beware!!!

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Room darkening shades are provided behind the sheer curtains to close out any light. The extra $10 is for incidentals (such as phone calls, etc) and just a hold, not a charge. If a debit card is used, it appears on your account like a charge. We are staffed 24-7 and would be glad to help each guest with any room issues.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I had a similar experience as another reviewer here.

I booked a room with our soccer club for a very busy weekend in town (it would have been difficult to have found a room elsewhere in town otherwise I would have left).

I booked a room (2queens for $82). When we arrived the first story was simply the room we RESERVED wasn't available. Then they changed the story. They said I asked for a King sized bed (it was me, my husband and 4 kids--yeah sure I wanted just a king). Then the story changed to I didn't request the discounted rate, and then that I didn't ask for the discounted rate by the cut off time (luckily I kept my emails so when I complained to corporate and I got this story from them I was able to refute it).

The room smelled like vomit. The staff, Lourdes (manager and Vivian (front desk) were caught by others in our group making comments and laughing about our situation. We weren't even the only ones in our group that experienced this problem. I think it's possible they overbooked the hotel, then decided to dole out the rooms first come first serve. Regardless, the word "reservation" does not mean what you've reserved will be available.

They are extremely rude and they do not care if you've been inconvenience at all.

I did receive a $20 card to offset the cost of my next stay at a Best Western, but I'm not sure I'll stay in another.

By the way, I was sent an email saying it would be a $40 card, but I'm so sick of these people I seriously doubt I'll push any further (which is probably exactly their aim).

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff and the unavailability of the room i requested, and the stench of vomit that would not go away
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank JennyinLubbock
BWGIS, General Manager at Best Western Grandbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2008
Guest was apologized to for the confusion and mistake concerning their room type and the rate was adjusted. At check in, they were offered several options (because of the smell), move to a different room, have the room sprayed, or a refund. The town was not sold out. They opted to stay and the room was sprayed. At check out everything was fine and they appeared to be happy. Corp office was notified by them, corp sent them a $40 Travel Card to accomodate them for their trouble. I also sent a personal apology to guest along with an additional discount.($20 travel card because guest paid cash). The manager and the desk clerk she mentioned were never here together to be able to laugh at the situation, nor any of the other desk clerks. My staff is professional but we do make errors at time. No other complaints were made from anyone else staying here at that time. Not sure how to make this person happy. GM
granbury
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Our stay here was great! Very friendly staff and clean rooms. I would recomend this Hotel to everyone.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The smoking section
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Stay away from room 110. Staff will tell you that very few ever complain about the noise but three different guests attempted to stay in the room during my visit and all stated that the noise was ridiculous. Save yourself plenty of frustration in attempting to deal with the management of the property. Rude and arrogant.
I would not recommend this property to anyone.

• Liked — The barbed-wire fence protecting the back of the property, classy.
  • Disliked — Staff and rooms are both poor. Arrogance wins out so I would say the staff and management.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank JCBDallas
BWGIS, General Manager at Best Western Grandbury Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2008
I agree room 110 can be noisy to some. We have had many guest stay in this room and never complain. You were moved to another room the very next morning for the remainder of your stay. I am sorry you felt we were rude and arguementative concerning the group contract. It is our goal and desire to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay with us. We will endeavor to do our part in working on our errors. LN