“Tasty seafood, and worth a visit!”

Flames Seafood Grill & Bar
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Granbury, Texas
“Tasty seafood, and worth a visit!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A few weeks ago, Flames sent out a text for a meal special that was "Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Jalapeno mashed potatos, bread and a drink for $6.95" I picked up a couple of these "to go," and they were simply DIVINE!

So, tonight, we decided to dine in. The restaurant is MUCH larger than one would expect when viewing from the outside. Nicely decorated, and very open, they have both table and booth seating to suit your desire.

For starters, we got the Calamari. Perfectly done, light and tasty, and the marinara sauce was a superb accompaniment. I chose the "Seared Ahi Tuna with Dirty Rice," and my wife ordered the "Grilled Fish Tacos."

Our salads and Calamari came out at the same time. Salads were plentiful with nice greens, shaved carrot, and tomato. However, before we even got through our appetizer and salads...here comes the main course. Normally, this is a big no-no in my book, but I just let it go.

My wife's tacos were plain and simple. A filet of fish, char-grilled, with a cabbage slaw and sauce x2. The plate was ridiculously large, and since she got the salad in place of the normal rice, the poor little tacos looked fairly shy of competing with the plate size (too large). My Ahi Tuna was nicely presented (see photo) over a bed of Creole rice (not dirty rice), with a mango chutney with onion and peppers to top it off. It was accompanied by a slice of baguette (raw). Only one problem...the tuna was WAY over done (dry), but was still pretty tasty.

Our waiter, on the other hand, was really superb. His name is "Granit," and hails (originally) from Yugoslavia. Extremely nice, and if you've been to Pastafina in town, you'll probably recognize him. Yes, Flames is apparently a sister-company of our local Italian eatery here.

We will certainly be back, and look forward to our next visit here to try something new. Prices are a bit higher (compared to local fare), but certainly suit the overall quality of the dining experience. Believe me, I've paid much more for sub-par seafood before. Flames is certainly worth the visit! A blend of traditional, straight-forward flavors and some Cajun style ones as well. A few steaks are on the menu, but lots of fish and seafood varieties that will certainly meet your expectations.

Granbury, TX, United States
“Excelent Seafood in Granbury”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a first visit for me and my wife at Flames. It will not be the last. Granit was our server who served well and had time for some conversation. He was very attentive.
The oysters on the half-shell we're fresh and plump. My fish stuffed with crab meat was very tasty as was my wife's red fish. It is so nice to have this restaurant in Granbury.

• Visited June 2014
“Very good.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner on our visit to Granbury. Service was great and food portion was good. the taste outstanding.

Stephenville, Texas
“Love it!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have been to Flames on several occasions now and the food and service were excellent with each visit. I love their shrimp and chips basket. It is one of my favorites. I don't like a lot of breading on my fried seafood because you can't taste the food - only the breading. Flames has the perfect balance with a light breading and very large shrimp. LOVE IT!
I have also had their steak and lobster. The presentation is beautiful and the food is wonderful. I would recommend this new restaurant to anyone!

“Great Seafood”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I thought we'd give it a try, and glad we did. I ordered the Cajun salmon and was asked how I wanted it cooked. That's a first. We've eaten at many seafoods and was never asked how I wanted it cooked (salmon). I ordered it medium and it was very good. Wife ordered the special which was stuffed flounder and it was great too. Prices are reasonable too. Recommend this restaurant for high end seafood.