“Seriously Amazing”

Inn on Lake Granbury
Ranked #2 of 18 Granbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the Inn on Lake Granbury. From my initial phone call to them to make a reservation, to checkout, everything was absolutely wonderful. The staff is so nice and very accommodating. The rooms are gorgeous and extremely comfortable. I proposed to my girlfriend during our stay and I couldn't have done it at a better place. (She said yes BTW) The owners even helped me plan how to do it and took pictures for us. If you're reading this review, you're obviously looking for a bed and breakfast. Don't hesitate any longer, stop and call them right now. The breakfasts are incredible and the view is beautiful. You will not be sorry, go now!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QuinnEskimo
There are newer reviews for Inn on Lake Granbury

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I haven't even left before I decided I need to write about this place. Every single room on the property is incredible, you can't miss. I came for a site visit for future events and look forward to spending many days here in 2014!

Room Tip: You could ask for a room with a lake view, but every room is wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just returned from a one nite runaway. Drove down from Dallas, 1.5 hours, the owner recommended we try the Lake-view room.
Wow, steam shower, in room hot tub for two, fireplace in living room with two chairs and TV plus fireplace in bathroom over hot tub.
Also great lake view, ice maker, fridge, mood lighting, as I said wow.
Giant bed and the room was super clean.
Breakfast was very good with the best grits mixed with cheddar cheese I have ever eaten, no I do not usually like grits. Bacon, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bread and wonderful coffee.
The Inn is within walking distance to the Square with all the shops and restaurants.
We loved the Inn before but this is our new room, will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed two nights at this beautiful Inn and loved eveything about it.
Our room was very quiet and the breakfast was wonderful.
Everyone was friendly. We look forward to going back. We loved the
pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1234X4625EZ
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn and loved everything about it. The breakfast was great and the accommodations were perfect. Our visit was in the middle of the week, so the grounds were quiet and peaceful. If you're looking for a peaceful, romantic getaway, you'll want to stay here. We will be going back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Inn and cannot wait until our next visit! Hands down this is consistently the best B&B breakfast anywhere. The wine and cheese hour in the evening is a very nice touch too. In the past we have stayed in one of the suites. On this visit my hubby and I stayed in the Rio Vista room. The sitting area is nice, however we prefer the roomier suites. Make note that the Rio Vista room does not have a tub if that is an experience that you are wanting. The shower is very nice and quite roomy and fine for us. The innkeepers are lovely and friendly. I highly recommend this B&B!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for one night, in the Pool House. We were greeted by Sarah upon check-in and she was very friendly. We also met someone named Deborah who was very friendly. We ended up meeting Jim who was nice but maybe a little quite/on the shy side. Sarah showed us to our room and we got settled in. We went for a swim and the saltwater pool is very nice but there is a lot of shade so the water was quite chilly. The Pool House was nice with a few exceptions. It was nice, but it was not luxurious. It was very dusty. We were sneezing constantly. If you look closely at the curtains and knick knacks you could see a lot of dust built up, especially on the curtains in the bedroom. The mirror on the closet door in the bedroom was shattered and I found a piece of glass on the bedroom floor. Glad I didn't step on it, and I assume it wasn't recently vacuumed. The shower/tub was nice but kind of hard to get in and out of...you had to climb over a big stone wall to get in the shower and since I'm shorter than my husband, this was harder for me. The shower curtain was way too small...so there was a big opening on either side of the shower. So not much privacy. One of the sinks made a gurgling noise off and on. The door handle to our front door fell off. But these things aside, the property itself is very nice and pretty. The hot tub was nice at night with all of the stars above, but the design of the hot tub was kind of strange. There were "seats" built in, but I am shorter than my husband and couldn't sit and put my head all the way back. We enjoyed sitting by the lake and laying in the hammock and swinging on the swing...very peaceful and relaxing. There is indeed a highway nearby but you really have to pay attention to the cars driving by...if you don't focus on it you won't hear it. Breakfast was delivered to our room which is a nice touch that you can request...but we were slightly disappointed. The bacon was overcooked and the rest was just okay. Check-out was fast and parking was easy. The Inn is within walking distance to the square but we drove to dinner and I'm glad we did because the side streets are rather dark at night. Walking during the day would be fine but not at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny Y
taylorguy, Owner at Inn on Lake Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

We are glad this couple stayed with us in the Pool House, and enjoyed their stay by writing a four star review of our Inn. Thank you for your comments and feedback. We have few thoughts to add as well, to help others who may read this. The pool can be heated with advance notice prior to check-in so as to warm it up on cooler days. Many of our guests comment on the luxurious bath amenities, upscale tile floors, and overall comfort of the Pool House. We apologize if there was excess dust, which is not in any way acceptable or representative of the quality and upkeep of our accommodations. We have directed our housekeeping staff to be more diligent and fix this immediately. The cracked mirror (not shattered) on the back of the closet door in the bedroom will be replaced promptly. Door handles at the Inn get a lot of use so it just needs to be tightened which has been done. Most outdoor hot tubs we know of have seats in them so folks can recline back and this tub has different sitting positions so a person's head can rest back. The majority of our guests like the bacon to be cooked enough so it isn't limp. The tub is enclosed with upscale travertine tile in the front so you do have to lift your leg and step into it (like most enclosed tubs). However, most guests tell us they have not had any difficulty getting in and out of it. We are within a short walk to the square in a very safe, quiet neighborhood. Couples say there is enough light from homes and businesses along the streets to walk to shopping and dining. The fact is most guests or couples enjoy walking to the square during the day or night once they know how close they are to it.