“Great location on the Square”

Nutshell Eatery and Bakery
Ranked #30 of 114 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went for breakfast and I think I had a different expectation of the restaurant. I expected white linen tablecloths and white china coffee cups but it's not like that. As another reviewer mentioned, you go to the counter to order and then to the coffee stand to get your own coffee. The breakfast was good but a fried egg is pretty hard to destroy. We would return now with the correct expectations of what it is.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Not a fancy restaurant but the service is very friendly and the food was excellent. We had the Jesse James and the pancakes. Sit and eat and look out at the main square and city hall.

2  Thank Travelelmundo100
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had our choices of serval places to eat close to the courthouse square and seems like we picked the wrong one. There was a special sign on the sidewalk advertising meat loaf so we opted to go to this location. You have to order at the counter and your food is brought to your table. We ordered the meat loaf with potatoes and squash and the chicken fried steak with potatoes and squash. The meat loaf was not a a slice of meat loaf at all, but rather pieces of meat scattered over the plate and the taste was not that great so about 2/3's was left on the plate. The potatoes and squash appeared to have been cooked for quite some time and apparently were just sitting and waiting for the next customer. The chicken fried steak was covered with white gravy. The meat appeared to be a hamburger patty with a coating on top. The bottom had only grease running around the plate. I also had the squash and potatoes which apparently was standard for whatever plate you ordered. There was a roll that was yeasty. I would not eat hear again and cannot recommend the place.

The inside, while attempting to be folksy, did little for me in the way an a dining room. I could not locate the rest room, so I ask an employee where the rest room was. There was NONE, I was directed to go to the public restroom located several yards in behind the restaurant. Even at truck stops I never recall being directed to a public rest room instead of the restaurant having its own. Then there was the air conditioning . I am sure it was on and this is an old building that perhaps was hard to cool. While the temperature was around 88 degrees I would certainly hesitate to dine here if the temperature was any higher. I left with my shirt wringing wet.

Bottom line--you-can't say I did not have an unusual dining event in Granbury, because we certainly did.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ahh, sandwiches with homemade bread. Nothing better. And salads made to order, when you order them! Not ahead of time! So good. And fresh cookies to take back to the room. Heaven.

4  Thank Don J
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was the 2nd time to enjoy lunch at Nutshell, and we were not disappointed either time! I enjoyed a chicken salad sandwich which was excellent. They use very fresh delicious breads which make their sandwiches extra special!!! We'll definitely head back there next time we're in Granbury...

1  Thank Cookiemom88